Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
-633 Third Avenue; New York, NY 10017 (212) 318-6111 | Web: http://conferenceofpresidents.org/index.asp
From their webpage (for most part):
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
50 Years of Achievements – For half a century, the Conference of Presidents has played a key role in American and world Jewish history. From mass public events to private diplomacy, the Conference has been in the forefront of mobilizing support for “Israel” and educating the public in times of war and conflict, and in the “pursuit of peace.” … Today, the Conference of Presidents remains American Jewry’s recognized address for consensus policy, collective action, and maximizing the resources of the American Jewish community. When events in the U.S., “Israel” and elsewhere affect the American Jewish community, the Conference of Presidents take the lead to explain and analyze issues, provide a link between American Jewry and the U.S. government, and marshal a coordinated community response.
Who We Are
* the central coordinating body for American Jewry, representing 52 national Jewish agencies from across the political and religious spectrums.
* the voice of organized American Jewry, speaking and acting on the basis of consensus on issues of vital international and national concern.
* the proven and effective advocate of affiliated American Jews,
* forging diverse groups into a unified force for “Israel’s” well-being.
* the central forum for key American, “Israeli” and other world leaders to address critical issues of concern to the American Jewish community.
What We Do
* strengthen and foster the special U.S.-”Israel” relationship.
* ensure that “Israel’s” interests are heard and understood by policy makers, opinion molders and the American public.
* address critical foreign policy issues that impact the American Jewish community.
* represent the interests of organized American Jewry.
* protect and enhance the security and dignity of Jews around the world.
Click to learn more about the Conference’s leadership, member organizations, and issues on our agenda.
Richard B(erenson) Stone – Chairman
Stone lives in New York City and has four children.
Alan Solow – Previous Chairman
“Key Obama backer, confidante” –Haaretz. “He was also one of the bundlers (major financial backers) of the Obama campaign, having contributed over half a million dollars. …Solow is credited with calling Barack Obama ‘the first Jewish president.’ [Obama's mama was jewish - but he is far from being the first jewish U.S. president.]” –hiccupedia. … Solow is a member of the Aitz Hayim Center for Jewish Living in Highland Park, Ill. He is married to Andrea Lavin Solow. Together they have three children and one grandchild.
-Alan P Solow 900 N Kingsbury St, Apt 1031; Chicago, IL 60610-7449 (312) 832-0743 [55-59 / Andrea L Solow, David L Solow, Dani Solow]
Malcolm I. Hoenlein – Executive Vice Chairman
Neocon “Israel”-firster. Serves on the boards of Council on Foreign Relations, Ronald S. Lauder Foundation, Bank Leumi USA (and many others). He is also the Director of Keryx Biopharmaceuticals since 2001, &c.
-Malcolmn I Hoenlein 1115 E 22nd St; Brooklyn, NY 11210-3619 [Meira Hoenlein]
16. Bnai Zion
35. NA’AMAT USA
39. ORT America
49. Workmen’s Circle
50. World ORT