A Complete List of PNAC Signatories and Contributing Writers [ http://www.publiceye.org/pnac_chart/pnac.html ]
v–Naumann to Zoellick–v
Note: Here’s not enough i’ th’ way of biog info – and what you have is cut ‘n paste;
My main objective tho’ has always been to see their names and mugs and locales trac’d, &c.
____PROJECT FOR THE NEW AMERICAN CENTURY____
-1150 Seventeenth Street, N.W., Suite 510, Washington, D.C. 20036
Telephone: (202) 293-4983 / Fax: (202) 293-4572 ["defunct"]
Established in the spring of 1997 and funded largely by the energy and arms industries, the Project for the New American Century was founded as the “neoconservative” think tank whose stated goal was to usher in a “new American century”. …According to their own document, Rebuilding America’s Defenses (<– .pdf format ) their stated goals would never be realized “absent some catastrophic catalyzing event –like a new Pearl Harbor”. (page 63). [ http://www.oldamericancentury.org/pnac.htm ]
Note 2: Project for a New American Century is not “defunct” at all, of course, but has transmogrified to Foreign Policy Initiative (and others).
Wing C. Ng
http://www.me.vt.edu/people/faculty/ng.html - Professor of mechanical engineering (aircraft, namely) at Virgina Tech. (See the link to read his resume.)
-Virginia Tech 122 Randolph Hall (540) 231-7274 | 540-231-9100- FAX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
-?>Wing C Ng 6606 Monument Ave; Richmond, VA 23226-2846 (804) 285-9640 [60-64 / Dennis H Ng, Tsui C Ng]
Steven J. Nider
[Need mugshot.] http://www.trumanproject.org/about/people/senior-fellows/steven-j-nider - Nider is senior advisor at the Center for National Policy (CNP). Prior to joining the center, Nider served as director of congressional affairs at the congressionally mandated Project on National Security Reform and was a senior fellow at the Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress. From 2006 to 2009 he was an analyst at Hicks & Associates, Inc., a defense and intelligence policy and analysis subsidiary of Science Application International Corp., where his work focused on the improvised explosive device (IED) battle in Iraq, counterinsurgency theory, and network-centric warfare. From 2000 to 2006 he served as director of foreign and security studies at the Progressive Policy Institute and was a contributing editor to Blueprint: Ideas for a New Century. At the institute, his areas of research included defense transformation, homeland security, and broader foreign policy. Nider has authored numerous articles and essays on various aspects of U.S. foreign and national security affairs. He served on the defense policy issue teams of Vice President Al Gore’s and Senator John Kerry’s presidential campaigns. He is an adjunct fellow with the American Security Project and a charter member of the American Council of Young Political Leaders.The son of a Foreign Service officer, Nider has lived in Italy, Thailand, China, Mexico, and Canada.
-Steven J Nider 8425 Hayden Ln; Annandale, VA 22003-1127 (703) 751-8098 [Kate N Nider]
-Center for National Policy, Senior Advisor 1 Massachusetts Ave NW, Ste 333; Washington, DC 20001-1401 (202) 682-1800
http://www.fesdc.org/content/recent08.htm - Deutscher Politiker.
James C. O’Brien
Former US special presidential envoy for the Balkans [during Clinton administration] and senior adviser to the Secretary, leading roles in the Dayton Agreement for peace in Bosnia, and in agreements to control weapons of mass destruction in the former Soviet Union. Currently Principal at The Albright Group. | http://www.thealbrightgroupllc.com/Who_We_Are.htm.
-The Albright Group LLC, Principal 1101 New York Ave NW, Ste 900; Washington, DC 20005-4271 (202) 842-7222
<–w/ Robert Kagan. | AKA Michael Edward O’Hanlon. B. ca. 1958. Executive summary: Brookings Institution.
* From http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/OHanlon_Michael - Affiliations: Brookings Institution: Senior Fellow; Project for the New American Century: Letter Signatory; Princeton University: Visiting Lecturer; International Institute for Strategic Studies: Member; Council on Foreign Relations: Member; Institute for Defense Analysis: Former Analyst. Government service: Congressional Budget Office:Analyst, National Security Division (1989-1994). ~~~ Michael O’Hanlon is a senor fellow at the centrist Brookings Institution, where he specializes in defense strategy, the use of military force, homeland security, and foreign policy. A prolific writer and frequently cited military analyst, O’Hanlon often collaborates with counterparts in neoconservative-aligned think tanks like the American Enterprise Institute (AEI). He is also notorious for being invited by the military to tour war zones and then using his perch at Brookings to promote the views of the generals. …O’Hanlon has been a vociferous booster of “surging” troop levels in both Iraq and Afghanistan in support of controversial counterinsurgency strategies pushed by think tanks like the Center for a New American Security. … [READ MORE at the link, http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/OHanlon_Michael]
* http://www.nndb.com/people/078/000160595/ - Brookings Institution Senior Fellow; Council on Foreign Relations; Gephardt for President; Hillary Clinton for President; International Institute for Strategic Studies; Institute for Defense Analyses; John Kerry for President; Our Military Kids, Inc. Advisory Board; Peace Corps Congo Kinshasa; Project for the New American Century; Vets for Freedom Policy Board of Advisors. Father: Edward O’Hanlon; Mother: FriedaO’Hanlon. Wife: Cathryn Ann Garland. Two daughters.
-Michael E Ohanlon 8005 Newdale Rd; Bethesda, MD 20814-4623 (301) 652-2283 [45-49 / Cathryn G Ohanlon]
[[[-Cathryn G Garland 8005 Newdale Rd; Bethesda, MD 20814-4623 (301) 652-2283 [45-49 / Michael E Garland]]]]
-Brookings Institution, Senior Fellow In Foreign Policy 1775 Massachusetts Ave NW; Washington, DC 20036-2103 (202) 797-6000
-Center For A New American Security, Board of Directors 1301 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Ste 403; Washington, DC 20004-1733 (202) 457-9400
Mackubin Thomas Owens
http://www.claremont.org/scholars/id.21/scholar.asp | http://www.fpri.org/about/people/owens.html - “Mackubin “Mac” Owens is Editor of Orbis, FPRI’s (Foreign Policy Research Institute) quarterly journal of international affairs, and Senior Fellow at its Program on National Security. In addition, he is Associate Dean of Academics for Electives and Directed Research and Professor of National Security Affairs at the Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island, etc.” | Writes propagandic drivel for The Weekly Standard, National Review, Ashbrook Center, the WSJ, Washington Times, and untold others.
-Mackubin T Owens Jr 12488 Lolly Post Ln; Woodbridge, VA 22192-1735 (703) 494-9974 [65+ / Donna J Owens, Julie C Reed, Connie C Owens]
-Mackubin T Owens “address unavailable” Portsmouth, RI
-Ashbrook Center For Public Affairs, Board of Directors 401 College Ave; Ashland, OH 44805-3702 (419) 289-5413
AKA Douglas Wayne Owens B. 1937 in Utah – Died (‘of heart failure’) Dec., 2002 in Tel Aviv, Israel. US Congressman, Utah 2nd (3-Jan-1987 to 3-Jan-1993); US Congressman, Utah 2nd (3-Jan-1973 to 3-Jan-1975); Congressional Staff to Sen. Frank E. Moss (1971-72); Congressional Staff to Sen. Ted Kennedy (1969-71); Utah State Bar. Wife: Marlene Wessel (two daughters, two sons); Daughter: Sara Ruth Owens; Daughter: Elizabeth Tew; Son: H. Douglas Owens; Son: Edward W. Owens. | http://www.yelkcam.com/cmm/OwensTribute.html.
-Dead, defunct, demised, deceased.
Prominent figure in Turkish business and civil society.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/palmer_mark - Affiliations: Committee on the Present Danger: Member; Council for a Community of Democracies: Vice President; Project on Middle East Democracy: Member, Board of Advisers; Freedom House: Former Vice Chairman. Government service: State Department: Various posts, 1964-1990. Business: Capital Development Company LLC: President. ~~~ Mark Palmer, a former ambassador to Hungary and presidential speechwriter, is a longstanding promoter of democracy who has worked for a number of neoconservative-aligned groups. He served in the State Department during the Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush Sr. administrations. A former vice chairman of Freedom House, Palmer is vice president of the Council for a Community of Democracies (CCD) and the president of the investment firm Capital Development Company LLC. Palmer has also been a member of the Committee on the Present Danger an adviser to the Project on Middle East Democracy. …On the website of the Committee on the Present Danger (CPD), Palmer is quoted as saying, “The world’s last 43 dictators have created the conditions in which terrorists thrive—either by funding and directing them, or in reaction to the dictator’s corruption and abuse. … Despite his frequent association with neoconservatives, Palmer is generally more dovish than them. … [But, read more at http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/palmer_mark.]
* http://www.asianresearch.org/articles/1350.html - “Ambassador Mark Palmer lived for eleven years in the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia and Hungary, and held policy positions during the Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and first Bush Administrations as a U.S. Foreign Service Officer. One of the first venture capitalists into central and eastern Europe after the fall of the Berlin Wall, he has founded “independent” national television stations in six countries. | Palmer is currently a joint founder and Chairman of a Dubai media corporation SignalOneTV, which plans to broadcast commercial youth-targeted Western TV in Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia, etc.
* NNDB: Central European Media Enterprises (1990-); US Ambassador to Hungary (1986-90); US State Department Deputy Assistant Secretary for Soviet & Eastern European Affairs (1982-86); American Academy of Diplomacy; Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training Board of Directors; Committee on the Present Danger; Council for a Community of Democracies; Freedom House Vice Chairman of the Board; Friends of Dick Lugar; John McCain 2008; McCain-Palin Victory 2008; National Endowment for Democracy; Spirit of America Board of Advisors; Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee; Straight Talk America. | He lives in Washington, DC.”
-Robie M Palmer 4437 Reservoir Rd NW; Washington, DC 20007-2021 (202) 298-6597 [65+ / Mark Palmer, Sushma M Palmer, Shiraz Mahyera, Rohit Mahyera]
-Robie M Palmer 800 Burdette Rd; Rockville, MD 20851-1031 [Shiraz E Palmer]
Robert A. Pastor
http://www.texemarrs.com/052007/money_alchemy_betrayal.htm - Robert Alan Pastor…of American University in Washington, D.C., influential member of the Council on Foreign Relations, co-authored the CFR report, Building a North American Union, in which he proposed a currency unit called the amero to replace the U.S.A. and Canadian dollars and the Mexican peso. | …married to the former Margaret McNamara, daughter of former Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, with whom he has two children. He lives in Washington, DC.
-Robert A Pastor 4667 Kenmore Dr NW; Washington, DC 20007-1914 (202) 965-7731 [60-64 / Margaret E Pastor, Kip Pastor]
AKA Martin H. Peretz. B. 1937. Executive summary: Co-Owner, The New Republic. | The New Republic Editor-in-Chief (1974-); American Council of Trustees and Alumni National Council; Foreign Policy Research Institute Board of Advisors; Institute for Jewish Research Board of Directors; Libby Legal Defense Trust Advisory Committee; National Foundation for Jewish Culture Board of Directors; Science Debate 2008; Washington Institute for Near East Policy Board of Advisors. Wife: Anne Labouisse Farnsworth Peretz.
* Peretz is currently separated from Anne Labouisse Farnsworth Peretz, daughter of Henry Richardson Labouisse, Jr. and an heir to the Singer Sewing Machine Company fortune. Anne’s inherited wealth is widely credited as having given Peretz the means to acquire The New Republic. He is also a descendant of the Yiddish writer I. L. Peretz. He is the father of director Jesse Peretz and writer Evgenia Peretz. Peretz is a long-time friend and supporter of Al Gore.
-Martin H Peretz 465 Park Ave, Apt 18F; New York, NY 10022-1943
-Martin “L” Peretz 20 Larchwood Dr; Cambridge, MA 02138-4618 (617) 864-3851 [65+ / Anne N Peretz]
AKA Richard Norman Perle. B. 1941 in NYC. Executive summary: Prince of Darkness.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Perle_Richard - Affiliations: American Enterprise Institute: Resident Fellow; Foundation for the Defense of Democracies: Member, Board of Advisers; Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs: Member, Board of Advisers; Hudson Institute: Member, Board of Trustees; Center for Security Policy: Member, National Security Advisory Council; U.S. Committee for a Free Lebanon: Golden Circle Supporter; Council on Foreign Relations: Chairman, Study Group on Nonlethal Options in Overseas Contingencies (report published in 1995); Project for the New American Century: Letter Signatory; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq: Member; Committee on the Present Danger: Member; Middle East Forum/U.S. Committee for a Free Lebanon: Signed 2000 document sponsored by both groups calling on the United States to force Syria from Lebanon; American Committee for Peace in Chechnya: Member. Government “service”: Department of Defense: Former member, Defense Policy Board (Chairman until 2003); Assistant Secretary of Defense (1981-1987); U.S. Senate:Staff (1969-1980); served on the staffs of Sen. Henry M. “Scoop” Jackson, the Senate Committee on Government Operations, the Committee on Armed Services, and the Arms Control Subcommittee. Private sector: Hollinger International: Former Co-Chairman; Trireme Partners L.P.: Managing Partner; Global Crossings: Consultant; Morgan Crucible: Co-Chairman; Jerusalem Post: Former Co-Chairman. ~~~ Richard Perle is widely considered a core representative of the neoconservative political faction; he played a central role in championing the war in Iraq and an aggressive war on terror centered on the Middle East in the wake of 9/11. Once dubbed the “Prince of Darkness” because of his advocacy of extremely hawkish anti-Soviet policies while in Ronald Reagan’s Department of Defense, Perle’s former post as chairman of then-Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld‘ s Defense Policy Board (DPB) in the years leading up to the Iraq War gave him a privileged perch from which he helped shape Bush administration foreign policies. …Echoing the efforts of the Project for the New American Century (PNAC), a leading neoconservative advocacy group with which Perle was closely associated, and former Pentagon number two Paul Wolfowitz, who was the most vocal administration proponent for attacking Iraq in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, Perle convened a meeting of the DPB shortly after the attacks to produce policy alternatives for the administration. Perle invited as a guest to the classified meeting Ahmed Chalabi, the Iraqi exile who was a longtime confidant of Perle’s and served as the head of the Iraqi National Congress, which had for years been pushing for regime change in Iraq. … [You must read this through -- see http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Perle_Richard.]
* NNDB: After receiving his degree from Princeton in 1967, Richard Perle went to work for Sen. Henry “Scoop” Jackson, chair of the Senate subcommittee that oversaw the CIA’s “black budget” for covert operations. In 1970, a federal wiretap found Perle discussing classified information with staff at the Israeli embassy. There is no indication he was reprimanded. In 1980, Perle left Jackson’s employ and in 1981 he was named Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy ["!"], a post he held through 1987. In 1983, while working for the U.S. Defense Department, Perle also took payments to represent an Israeli weapons company, but was not prosecuted. …In 1997, Perle and Bill Kristol co-founded the Project for a New American Century (PNAC), a neoconservative thinktank formed “to make the case and rally support for American global leadership”. Perle was also on the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq (CLI), a “grassroots” group that lobbied for American intervention to bring about regime change in Iraq. Other members include former Congressman Newt Gingrich, former Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey, former Secretary of State George Shultz, former CIA Chief James Woolsey, and Teamsters boss James P. Hoffa …In 2001, Pres. George Bush picked Perle to chair the Defense Policy Board, which advises the Department of Defense. In 2003, The New Yorker pointed out that Perle had a conflict of interest — with PNAC, CLI, and the Defense Policy Board, he was arguing for an invasion of Iraq, while he was simultaneously in business with Saudi Arabian partners and had connections to Trireme Partners, a computer firm that specializes in intelligence and would make a tidy profit if America invaded Iraq. “It’s all lies, from beginning to end,” he said, loudly threatening to sue over the article. A month later and much more quietly, Perle resigned as Chairman of the Defense Policy Board — but he remained a member for another year, as America invaded Iraq. Perle resigned in February 2004, to pursue other interests. …Those who fear and distrust Perle have labeled him “the Prince of Darkness,” but his friends have lovingly adopted it as his nickname. ~ Defense Policy Board (1987-2004); US Defense Department Asst. Secy. for International Security Policy (1981-88); Congressional Staff for Sen. Henry “Scoop” Jackson (1967-80); Member of the Board of Autonomy Corporation (2000-); Member of the Board of Hollinger Digital Co-Chairman; Hollinger International International Advisory Board (1994-); The Jerusalem Post Board of Directors; American Center for Democracy; American Enterprise Institute Resident Fellow; Bilderberg Group; Center for Security Policy; Committee on the Present Danger; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq; Council on Foreign Relations; Foundation for the Defense of Democracies Distinguished Advisor; Henry Jackson Society; Hudson Institute Board of Trustees; Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs Advisory Board; Project for the New American Century; United States Committee for a Free Lebanon; US Committee on NATO Board of Directors; Washington Institute for Near East Policy Board of Advisors. Father: Jack Perle; Mother: Martha Perle; Wife: Leslie Joan Barr (m. 31-Jul-1977); Son: Jonathan.
-Richard N Perle 5 Grafton St; Chevy Chase, MD 20815-3427 (301) 656-0390 [Jonathan B Perle, Leslie J Barr (Perle)]
B. 1952. The New York Post Columnist; Vets for Freedom Policy Board of Advisors. | Ralph Peters Calls For Military Killing Of War Journalists | Retired United States Army Lieutenant Colonel and novelist. Spouse: Katherine McIntire Peters.
-?>Ralph H Peters 14 Blossom Ln; Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972 (570) 385-2320
http://www.worldsecuritynetwork.com/corp/dsp_iab3.cfm | Former State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Defence, Member of the Berlin House of Representatives and Member of the National Executive Committee of the CDU. (Germany)
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Pipes_Daniel - Affiliations: Middle East Forum: Cofounder and Director; Jerusalem Summit: Member, Presidium; Washington Institute for Near East Policy: Former Adjunct Scholar; U.S. Committee for a Free Lebanon: Golden Circle Supporter; New York Post: Columnist; Jerusalem Post: Columnist; Project for the New American Century: Signatory; Naval War College: Former Lecturer; Harvard University: Former Lecturer; University of Chicago: Former Lecturer; University of Pennsylvania: Former Lecturer; Foreign Policy Research Institute: Director (1986-1993). Government Service: U.S. Institute of Peace:Former Board Member (2003-2005); Department of Defense:Former Member, Special Task Force on Terrorism and Technology. ~~~ An outspoken proponent of the notion that “Islamists” pose an existential threat to western civilization, Daniel Pipes is founder and head of the Middle East Forum, a Philadelphia-based think tank that purports “to define and promote American interests in the Middle East.” Pipes, who is also a recognized Arabic expert and son of the well known anti-Soviet crusader Richard Pipes, frequently lambastes Arab politics, urges a broad “war on terror” aimed at challenging Mideast regimes from Syria to Iran, and pushes a Likud Party line on Israeli regional relations. …Pipes has backed numerous high-profile neoconservative and Likud-aligned initiatives. He supported efforts by the now-defunct Project for the New American Century (PNAC) to pressure the George W. Bush administration to join Israel in waging a broad war on terrorism in the Middle East in the wake of the 9/11 attacks; he has been a member of the presidium of the Likud-aligned Jerusalem Summit; he was a member of the U.S. Committee for a Free Lebanon; and he is a former scholar of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, a think tank that was spun off from the powerful lobbying group the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. [Read it all at http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Pipes_Daniel.]
* http://www.voltairenet.org/article136260.html - “Omnipresent expert in television studios and regular commentator of American mainstream newspapers, Daniel Pipes has become the world theorist of the Islamphobia. The son of Richard Pipes, the Sovietologist that resumed the arms race during the Ford Administration, and spiritual son of Robert Strausz-Hupé, the visionary of the new world order, Daniel Pipes, directs a lot of strategic institutes. He is the founder of currently common concepts such as «new anti-Semitism», «militants of Islam» and «conspiracy theories». An advocate of the annihilation of Palestinians, he has been appointed by George W. Bush director of the US Institute of Peace.”
* NNDB: Totally obsessed with Islamic extremists well before September 11, Daniel Pipes has made it his life’s work to convince the western world that there can be no bargaining with Arab fanatics — they must simply be rooted out and destroyed. He was a major proponent of the Iraq invasion, claiming that it would have very positive consequences for “militant Islam, the energy market, the Israeli conflict, the general problem of the Arab states modernizing, you name it.” …A prolific author and expert in medieval Islam, Dr. Pipes earned his PhD at Harvard, where his father taught Soviet history. Richard Pipes served as Ronald Reagan‘s chief advisor on the Soviet Union (and his son spent a year working in Reagan’s State Department). Daniel taught at Harvard like his father, then at the University of Chicago, and later the Naval War College. …He also headed the Foreign Policy Research Institute, then founded the think tank Middle East Forum in 1994, which publishes Middle East Quarterly. His strident pro-Israeli views toward the Palestinian conflict have polarized his audience. According to the Council on American-Islamic Relations, Pipes “has exhibited a troubling bigotry toward Muslims and Islam” and possesses a “history of hostility toward Muslims in general and to the American Muslim community in particular.” In response, Pipes told Salon: “David Duke looks nice, presents himself well, but as soon as he opens his mouth, you see he’s a wild-eyed maniac. Well, so are these people.” …In the March 2002 issue of Insight magazine, Pipes predicted that violence would soon cease in Israel: “Probably [during] this calendar year the Palestinians will realize they are getting nowhere and just stop.” Maybe it was this sense of optimism that led President Bush in 2003 to nominate Pipes to the United States Institute of Peace. ~ FrontPage Magazine Columnist; American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise Honorary Committee; Canadian Institute for Jewish Research Academic Council; Committee on the Present Danger; Council on Foreign Relations; Endowment for Middle East Truth Advisory Board; Jewish Policy Center Board of Fellows; Middle East Forum Director; Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee; United States Committee for a Free Lebanon; US Institute of Peace; Washington Institute for Near East Policy Adjunct Scholar. Father: Richard E. Pipes; Brother: (younger); Wife: (works at the University of Pennsylvania hospital); Daughter: Sarah Pipes (b. 1986); Daughter: (b. 1988).
-Daniel J Pipes 4304 Osage Ave; Philadelphia, PA 19104-3906 [60-64]
-Jewish Policy Center, Board of Directors 50 F St NW, Ste 100; Washington, DC 20001-1590 (202) 638-2411
B. 1963 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. “Pundit.” Executive summary: American Enterprise Institute.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Pletka_Danielle - Affiliations: American Enterprise Institute: Vice President, Foreign and Defense Policy Studies; Project for the New American Century: Signatory, PNAC Statements and Letters; Committee on the Present Danger: Member; Coalition for Democracy in Iran: Supporter; NGO Watch: Researcher. Government service: Senate Committee on Foreign Relations: Senior Professional Staffer for Near East and South Asia (1992-2002); Task Force on the United Nations: Member. Private sector: Insight Magazine: Staff Writer (1987-1992); Los Angeles Times: Editorial Assistant, Jerusalem (1984-1985). ~~~ Danielle Pletka established herself as a foreign policy hawk while working as a reporter for Insight Magazine during the George H.W. Bush administration, and later as a member of the professional staff for the Senate Foreign Relations Committee during the Clinton administration, serving as the committee’s Middle East specialist. In 2002, when some 20 associates of the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) joined the George W. Bush administration, Pletka moved from her government position to AEI, where she is vice president for foreign and defense policy studies. …Most recently, in late 2006 Pletka was involved with the creation of AEI’s “Iraq Planning Group,” a panel led by AEI scholar Frederick Kagan and Gen. Jack Keane. On January 5, 2007, the group released a report that recommended, among other suggestions, that at least 50,000 more U.S. troops be sent to Iraq. … [Please read more at http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Pletka_Danielle.]
* http://theredspecial.blogspot.com/ - “…Pletka blames the failure of the Iraq war on the Iraqi people, who apparently lack the “freedom gene.”.
* NNDB: Strong apologist for the Iraq War and defender of Ahmed Chalabi. …In an October 2004 interview on CNN, she told Wolf Blitzer, “I’m glad to know that Michael Moore is giving aid and comfort to the enemy.” This was regarding an Osama bin Laden reference to My Pet Goat, a trivium publicized by Moore — in her eyes knowledge of the title of that book is apparently a trivium bordering on treason. ~ American Enterprise Institute VP, Foreign and Defense Policy Studies; Bush-Cheney ’04; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq; Project for the New American Century; Committee on the Present Danger; United States Committee for a Free Lebanon International Advisory Board; Congressional Staff US Senate Committee on Foreign Relations (1992-2002); Insight Staff Writer (1987-92); The Los Angeles Times Editorial Assistant, Jerusalem (1984-85); Reuters Jerusalem (1984-85). Husband: Stephen Rademaker (Assistant Secretary of State for Arms Control).
-Danielle Pletka 1620 Brookside Rd; Mc Lean, VA 22101-3306 (703) 532-3117
-Danielle M. Pletka 1850 Valleywood Rd; Mc Lean, VA 22101-4928 (703) 532-3117 [45-49]
B. 1930 in Brooklynn, NY. Executive summary: Prominent neocon/nutjob author.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Podhoretz_Norman - Affiliations: Hudson Institute: Adjunct Fellow; Commentary Magazine: Editor-at-Large (1995-current); Editor-in-Chief (1960-1995); Committee on the Present Danger: Cofounder; Committee for the Free World: Cofounder; Project for the New American Century: Founding Signatory; Council on Foreign Relations: Member; Bar-Ilan University: Guardian of Zion Award, 2007; Columbia University: Former Pulitzer Scholar. Government service: White House: Presidential Medal of Freedom, 2004; U.S. Information Agency: Chairman of the New Directions Advisory Committee (1981-1987); U.S. Army: Enlisted Officer in Army Security Agency (1953-1955). ~~~ Norman Podhoretz has been a leading writer and ideologue of the neoconservative political faction since the group began to emerge in the late 1960s. Along with Irving Kristol, Podhoretz is widely regarded as one of the group’s trailblazers. Podhoretz edited the neoconservative flagship magazine Commentary from 1960 to 1995, using it as a soapbox from which he and like-minded writers shaped the contours of what he called the neoconservative “tendency.” (He remains an editor at large, and his son John is editorial director, of the magazine.) From that platform, Podhoretz and others lambasted the anti-war movement, extolled the virtues of military power, attacked so-called appeasers like George McGovern, and condemned the supposed amorality of the counterculture and liberal social policies. Podhoretz also co-founded the Committee on the Present Danger (CPD) in the mid-1970s to serve as a pressure group aimed at resisting the politics of détente with the Soviet Union and championing a fierce anti-communism, which became the central theme of the early presidency of Ronald Reagan. [More at http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Podhoretz_Norman.]
* NNDB: Formerly a liberal, Podhoretz studied under Lionel Trilling. His son-in-law is Elliott Abrams. Podhoretz argues that the Cold War should be seen as World War III, and that World War IV is America’s war on “Islamo-fascists”. He called for the bombing of Iran in 2007, and he is the chief foreign policy advisor for Republican Presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani. ~ Commentary Magazine Editor-in-Chief 1965-95, Editor-at-Large 1995-; Committee on the Present Danger; Council on Foreign Relations; Hudson Institute Senior Fellow (1995-); Jewish Policy Center Board of Fellows; John McCain 2008; Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee; US English Advisory Board; Fulbright 1950; Presidential Medal of Freedom 23-Jun-2004. Father: Julius Podhoretz; Mother: Helen Woliner; Wife: Midge Decter (anti-feminist activist, m. 1956, one son, three daughters); Son: John Podhoretz columnist, Reagan and Bush Sr. speechwriter); Daughter: Rachel Abrams (stepdaughter from wife’s first marriage; married to Elliott Abrams); Daughter: Naomi Decter (stepdaughter, conservative writer).
-Norman B Podhoretz Jr 120 E 81st St, Apt 7H; New York, NY 10028-1432 [65+]
John Edward Porter
B. 1935. Executive summary: Congressman from Illinois, 1980-2001. Won special election to fill Abner J. Mikva‘s seat, who had resigned to become a US District Judge. Notoriously, Porter and his wife were strip-searched by the KGB during a trip to Russia in 1982. | US Congressman, Illinois 10th (22-Jan-1980 to 3-Jan-2001); Illinois State House of Representatives (1973-79); Hogan & Hartson Partner; Corporation for Public Broadcasting Vice Chairman; American Heart Association Board Member; American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise Honorary Committee; Bretton Woods Committee; Brookings Institution Board Member; Council on Foreign Relations; Kennedy Center Trustee Emeritus; National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Board Member; RAND Corporation Trustee; Research!America Executive Committee; Science Debate 2008; Trust for America’s Health Advisory Board; Funeral: Richard Nixon (1994); First Focus Advisory Board – chairman. Wife: Kathryn Cameron Porter. | http://www.researchamerica.org/blog/?cat=7.
-John E Porter 1104 N Fairfax St; Alexandria, VA 22314-1443 (703) 684-0890 [65+ / Kathryn C Porter, Robyn M Porter, Amy Porter]
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Quayle_J_Danforth_Dan - Affiliations: Project for the New American Century: Signatory, founding statement of principles, 1997; Hudson Institute: Honorary Trustee Emeritus; Former Chairman of Competitiveness Center; Freedom House: Former Trustee; Campaign America: Chairman, 1995-1999; Central Newspapers, Inc.: Member of the Board, 1993-1999; Thunderbird American Graduate School of International Management: Distinguished Visiting Professor of International Studies, 1997-1998; Huntington Herald Press: Associate Publisher. Government: President’s Competitiveness Council: Chairman, 1989-1993; U.S. Senate (R-IN): 1981-1988; Indiana Attorney General Office: Investigator for Consumer Protection Division; U.S. Department of Defense Policy Board: Member; U.S. White House: Vice-President, 1989-1993; National Space Council: Chairman, 1989-1993; U.S. House of Representatives (R-IN): 1977-1980; Indiana Office of the Governor: Administrative Assistant to Governor Edgar Whitcomb; Indiana Department of Revenue: Director of Inheritance Tax Division; Indiana National Guard: Officer, 1969-1975. Business: Quayle and Associates: Founder and President; Cerberus Capital Management: Chairman of Global Operations; BTC Inc.: Member of the Board of Directors; Amtran Inc.: Member of the Board of Directors. ~~~ Former vice president and presidential candidate James Danforth “Dan” Quayle, best known for his verbal gaffes and adherence to conservative family values while in office, chairs the global investments division of Cereberus Capital Management. Quayle is also a trustee emeritus at the Hudson Institute, one of several neoconservative groups he has supported over the years. [More at http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Quayle_J_Danforth_Dan.]
* NNDB: US Vice President (1989-93 under George H.W. Bush); US Senator, Indiana (1981-89); US Congressman, Indiana 4th (1977-81); Defense Policy Board; Cerberus Capital Management Spokesperson, chairs “global investments” group; Member of the Board of American Standard; Member of the Board of K2, Inc. (2001-07); Member of the Board of U.S. Filter Corporation; Alfalfa Club 1989; Bush-Cheney ’04; Bush-Quayle ’88 Candidate; Bush-Quayle ’92 Candidate; Defend America PAC; Friends of George Allen; Young Americans for Freedom; Freedom House; Hudson Institute Trustee Emeritus (Honorary); John McCain 2008; Pete Coors for Senate; Project for the New American Century; Quayle 2000; Rotary International; Indiana State Bar Association 1974; Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity; Ig Nobel Prize Education (1991); International Security Leadership Award 1990; Draft Deferment: Vietnam; Born-Again Christian; Appendectomy 4-Jan-1995; Endorsement of Frito-Lay; Secret Service Codename Scorecard, Supervisor; Funeral: Richard Nixon (1994); Funeral: Ronald Reagan (2004); Funeral: Ted Kennedy (2009). Father: James Cline Quayle (newspaper publisher, b. 1921, d. 2000); Mother: Corrine Pulliam Quayle; Wife: Marilyn Quayle (m. 1972, two sons, one daughter); Son: Tucker Danforth Quayle (APG Security executive, b. Jul-1974); Son: Benjamin Quayle (US Congressman); Daughter: Mary Corinne Quayle (b. 1978). …Residence Paradise Valley, Arizona.
-Mary Quayle 6224 N 61st Pl; Paradise Valley, AZ 85253-4212 [60-64 / Dan Quayle, Tucker D Quayle, Marycorinne Quayle]
Samantha F. Ravich
http://www.worde.org/specialists/dr-samantha-ravich/ [WORDE = World Organization for Resource Development and Education] – Senior Fellow, National Strategy Information Center. WORDE Specialist, Dr. Ravich’s areas of expertise include U.S. national security, diplomatic, and economic policy options in East and Southeast Asia, Indonesian affairs, and philanthropy. Her extensive experience in government service and the philanthropy sector make her a tremendous asset to the WORDE network. …Prior to joining the National Strategy Information Center, Dr. Samantha Ravich, PhD, served as Vice President Cheney’s Deputy National Security Advisor. She is a member of the Board of Governors of the Pardee RAND Graduate School, of which she is an alumnus. | http://csis.org/programs/pacific-forum-csis/comparative-connections/vol-2-no-2-july-2000 - Senior Fellow, CSIS.
|Samantha F Ravich||Laguna Beach, CA||45||View Details|
|Samantha F Ravich||Westport, CT||45||View Details|
|Samantha F Ravich||Rahway, NJ||45||View Details|
|Samantha F Ravich||Alexandria, VA||45||View Details|
http://china.hrw.org/profile/sophie_richardson - Richardson is the advocacy director of Human Rights Watch’s Asia Division and oversees the organization’s work on China.
-Probably>Sophie D Richardson 703 Elm Ave; Takoma Park, MD 20912-5845 (301) 270-1998 [40-44 / Peter S Richardson]
-Job and/or home>Sophie Richardson, Owner 621 S Carolina Ave SE; Washington, DC 20003-2702 (202) 546-2941
http://policy.defense.gov/sections/policy_offices/isa/ASDbio.html -“Peter W. Rodman was confirmed by the Senate on July 12, 2001, and sworn in as Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs on July 16, 2001, etc.” History: Staff Director of State Department Policy Planning under Reagan.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Rodman_Peter - Affiliations: Brookings Institution: Former Senior Fellow; Freedom House: Former Member, Board of Trustees; Project for the New American Century (PNAC): Founding Signatory, Letter Signatory; Nixon Center: Director of National Security Programs (1995-2001); National Review: Senior Editor (1991-1999); Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS): Fellow (1977-1983); Johns Hopkins Foreign Policy Institute: Former Fellow. Government Service: Defense Department: Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs (2001-2007); National Security Council and White House: Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and NSC Counselor (1987-1990); Deputy Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs (1986-1987); Staffer (1969-1977); State Department: Director, Policy Planning Staff for Secretary of State George Shultz (1984-86); Special Assistant to Henry Kissinger (1972-1977). Private Sector: Kissinger Associates, Inc.: Former Director of Research. ~~~ Peter Rodman, who passed away August 2, 2008, was an assistant secretary of defense for international security under Donald Rumsfeld in the George W. Bush administration; he joined the Brookings Institution in 2007.1 A longtime Washington insider who served five administrations dating back to the late 1960s, Rodman was generally viewed as a member of the realist wing of the Republican Party, despite his association with hawkish right-wing outfits like the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) and the National Review.2 … [More at http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Rodman_Peter.]
-DEAD, August 2008.
Greek national; Former Ambassador at Large, Greece.
<–wife Sheilah Kast. | AKA James Carew Rosapepe. B. 1951 in Rome, Italy. Executive summary: US Ambassador to Romania, 1998-2001. | Maryland State Senate District 21, Prince George’s County (2007-); US Ambassador to Romania (1998-2001); Maryland State House of Delegates District 21, Prince George’s County (1987-97); Patuxent Capital Group Chair and CEO; Albanian American Enterprise Fund Board of Directors (1995-); Biden for President; Center for National Policy Advisory board (1986-91); Dean for America; Friends of Joe Lieberman; Gephardt for President; Hillary Clinton for President; John Kerry for President; Kerry Victory 2004; National Petroleum Council (1979-81); New Leadership for America PAC; Sons of Italy Antonio Gatto Lodge [freemason]; National Small Business United Board of Directors (1986-92). Father and mother: (“American journalists”); Sister: Decie Bodwell; Vampire Bride: Sheilah Kast.
-Sheilah A Kast 8403 Patuxent Ave; College Park, MD 20740-2502 [60-64]
-Fingerhut Granados Opinion Research, Vice President James Rosapepe 1901 N Moore St, Ste 1202; Arlington, VA 22209-1718
-12 Rosapepe, U.S.>http://www.whitepages.com/dir/a-z/rosapepe
Stephen P. Rosen
http://traitorsgate.blogspot.com/2007/10/stephen-p-rosen.html | http://en.dinkipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Peter_Rosen - Harvard professor. History: professor at the Naval War College. Director in the National Security Council under Reagan.
B. 1949. Executive summary: US Middle East Envoy, 1992-2000. Currently a special adviser for the Persian Gulf and Southwest Asia (which includes Iran) to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Ross_Dennis - Affiliations: Washington Institute for Near East Policy: Former Ziegler Fellow; Middle East Forum: Member, Board of Editors, Middle East Quarterly; Project for the New American Century: Signatory; Bipartisan Policy Center: Study Participant; United Against a Nuclear Iran: Co-founder and Former Co-Chairman; Fox News: Guest Commentator; Jewish People Policy Planning Institute: Former Board Member. Government: Obama Administration: Special assistant to the president and senior director of the Central Region at the National Security Council, June 2009 – ; State Department Special Advisor for the Gulf and Southwest Asia, February 2009-June 2009; Clinton Administration: Special Middle East Coordinator; Bush I Administration: Head, State Department Policy Planning staff; Reagan Administration: Member, State Department Policy Planning staff; National Security Council staff; Deputy Director of the Pentagon’s Office of Net Assessment; Carter Administration: Pentagon staff. ~~~ Dennis Ross is the special assistant to President Barack Obama and senior director of the Central Region at the National Security Council (NSC). A controversial diplomat with close ties to Israel and a history of pushing hardline policies toward Iran, Ross has served both Republican and Democratic administrations in negotiations on Middle East peace and other foreign policy issues. Ross has also advised or supported the work of a number of groups closely tied to hawkish “pro-Israel” factions in the United States. He has been a member of the board of editors of the journal Middle East Quarterly, published by Daniel Pipe’s Middle East Forum; he was a letter signatory for the now-defunct neoconservative pressure group the Project for the New American Century; and he has been a fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Affairs, a think tank created by the influential lobbying group the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. …Ross’s role as a Mideast adviser in the Obama administration has repeatedly come under intense scrutiny. One such occasion came in March 2010, when a heated diplomatic exchange erupted between the United States and Israel over continued settlement expansion in Jerusalem. Politico’s Laura Rozen wrote that during debates in the White House over how to respond to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s intransigence on settlements, Ross arguedthat “Washington needs to be sensitive to Netanyahu’s domestic political constraints including over the issue of building in East Jerusalem in order to not raise new Arab demands, while other officials including some aligned with Middle East peace envoy George Mitchell are arguing Washington needs to hold firm in pressing Netanyahu for written commitments to avoid provocations that imperil Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.” … [I implore you to read more: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Ross_Dennis.]
* http://www.voltairenet.org/article159454.html - In 2002 he co-founded the Kol Shalom synagogue in Rockville, Maryland, etc.
* NNDB: Washington Institute for Near East Policy Director (2000-); US Ambassador Special Middle East Coordinator (1992-2000); Director of Policy Planning (1989-92); US National Security Council Director of Near East and South Asian Affairs; America Abroad Media Advisory Board; American Academy of Diplomacy; Aspen Institute; Bilderberg Group; Campaign for American Leadership in the Middle East; Corporation for Public Broadcasting Advisory Board, America at a Crossroads; Council on Foreign Relations; Friends of Hillary; Jewish People Policy Planning Institute Chairman, Board of Directors; Libby Legal Defense Trust; Project for the New American Century; Trilateral Commission; United Against Nuclear Iran Co-Founder; The Washingon Institute for Near East Policy – Counselor and Ziegler Distinguished Fellow; Russian Ancestry Maternal; Jewish Ancestry Maternal. Wife: Deborah (attorney); Son: Gabriel; Daughter: Rachel; Daughter: Ilana.
-?>Dennis Ross 403 Orange St SE; Washington, DC 20032-1612 (202) 561-1961
-America Abroad Media, Board of Directors 1025 Connecticut Ave NW; Washington, DC 20036-5407 (202) 828-1282
Attorney, has been the executive director of Human Rights Watch since 1993. | http://www.cfr.org/bios/654/kenneth_roth.html.
Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution and co-director of the Stanford Program on Regions of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies. From 1989 to 1991, Rowen was the Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs. He was Chairman of the National Intelligence Council from 1981 to 1983, and was President of the RAND Corporation from 1968 to 1972. From 2004-2005 he was a member of the Presidential Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Rowen_Henry - Affiliations: Project for the New American Century: Signatory, 1997; Hoover Institution: Senior Fellow; Stanford University Graduate School of Business: Professor of Public Policy and Management, Emeritus; Stanford Institute for International Studies: Senior Fellow Emeritus; Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center: Director Emeritus; Council on Foreign Relations: Member; RAND Corporation: President, 1967-1972; Economist, 1950-1953, 1955-1961; Harvard Center for International Affairs: Research Associate, 1960. Government: U.S. Department of Defense Policy Board: Member, 2001-2004; Presidential Commission on the Intelligence of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction: 2004–05; U.S. Department of Defense: Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs, 1989-1991; Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs, 1961-1964; National Intelligence Council: Chairman, 1981-1983; U.S. Bureau of the Budget: Assistant Director, 1965-1966; U.S. Navy: Pacific Theater Officer, 1943-1946. ~~~ Henry S. Rowen, a senior fellow emeritus at the Hoover Institution and professor of Public Policy and Management at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, is an expert on international security, economic development, and high tech industries in the United States and Asia who served as assistant secretary of defense in the George H.W. Bush administration. Rowen has also served on numerous government boards and panels, and was a founding member of the neoconservative advocacy outfit, the Project for the New American Century (PNAC). …Although largely inactive since the final years of the George W. Bush presidency, Rowen is sometimes quoted in the press on a range of issues, including China, etc. [More: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Rowen_Henry.]
* FAMILY: Wife, Beverly Griffiths; three daughters and three sons.
-Henry S Rowen 2 Wisteria Way; Atherton, CA 94027-2141 (650) 323-0198 [Beverly C Rowen, Sheila J Rowen]
-?>Henry S Rowen 6412 Barnaby St NW; Washington, DC 20015-2314 [Paul R Rowen]
<–‘s buddy and fellow jew, Dick Cheney (Kehaney/Cohen[?]) | AKA Donald Henry Rumsfeld. B. 1932 in IL. Executive summary: US Secretary of Defense, 1975-77 and 2001-06.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Rumsfeld_Donald - Affiliations: Hoover Institution:Former Fellow; Former Trustee; Center for Security Policy (CSP): Winner of CSP’s 1998 “Keeper of the Flame” Award; Project for the New American Century: Founding Signatory; Empower America: Former Board Member; Freedom House: Former Board Member; RAND Corporation: Former Board Member; Committee for the Free World: Former Chairman. Government: Secretary of Defense: 1975-1977; 2001-2006; U.S. Commission to Assess National Security Space Management and Organization: Chairman, 2000; U.S. Ballistic Missile Threat Commission: Chairman, 1998; White House Chief of Staff, 1974-75; U.S. Ambassador to NATO, 1973-74; U.S. Congress:Representative from Illinois, 1962-1969; U.S. Navy: Various Posts, including Aviator, 1954-57; Reserves,1957-1975. Business: Gilead Sciences Pharmaceutical Company:Chairman, 1997-2001; General Instrument Corporation: Chairman and CEO, 1990-1993; G.D. Searle Pharmaceutical Company: CEO/Chairman/President, 1977-1985; Bechtel: Involved in Iraq-Bechtel Negotiations on a Pipeline Project in the 1980s; Gulfstream Aerospace: Former Director; Metricom, Inc.: Former Director; Sears, Roebuck, and Co.: Former Director; ASEA Brown Boveri: Former Director. ~~~ Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld has been a central figure in Republican Party politics since the 1970s. Best known for his controversial role in pushing the Iraq War and enabling the mistreatment of prisoners from Iraq and Afghanistan, Rumsfeld served as secretary of defense under two presidents—Gerald Ford and George W. Bush. Rumsfeld has held a number of additional posts in major corporations and government advisory bodies. …Unlike many prominent Bush figures, Rumsfeld was largely quiet after the end of the Bush presidency. But in early 2011, he reemerged, as Politico’s Mike Allen put it in May 2011, as a “best-selling author, amateur historian, social-media dabbler, and in-demand talking head.” … [We must not let this fecker go: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Rumsfeld_Donald.]
* NNDB: Donald Rumsfeld was both the youngest and oldest Secretary of Defense in American history. He was the youngest when, at age 43, he took charge of the Pentagon under President Gerald Ford in 1975. Appointed to the same post by President George W. Bush more than 25 years later, he became the first Secretary of Defense in his 70s. He was also a Congressman from Illinois in the 1960s, and all-Navy wrestling champion during his military years. …Between his two stints at the Pentagon, he was chief executive of pharmaceutical giant G D Searle & Company from 1976 to 1985. He sold off several Searle subsidiaries, reduced the payroll by more than half, and made Fortune‘s list of the ten toughest bosses in America. Critics “charge” that he used his Washington connections to rush approval of Searle’s aspartame (NutraSweet), which, by the time Rumsfeld left, accounted for more than half of Searle’s profits. …He later served as CEO at General Instrument Corporation, a high-tech manufacturer that was eventually bought out by Motorola. Even while in the private sector, though, Rumsfeld remained a deep inside advisor for Republican administrations and high-level office-holders and candidates. He visited Saddam Hussein‘s Iraq in 1983 and 1984 as a special envoy representing President Reagan, shortly after the infamous [PROPAGANDIC] incident when Hussein gassed the Kurds [a false flag: "israel" did it]. When these visits became newsworthy decades later, Rumsfeld said he had “cautioned” Saddam to stop using chemical weapons. Transcripts of the meetings, however, include no mention of this topic. …Despite his long-time status as a stalwart Republican, Rumsfeld made campaign contributions to at least two Democratic candidates for office, Bill Bradley and John Glenn. He also led a commission in the 1990s, at President Clinton‘s request, to determine whether the national missile defense system (aka “Star Wars”) was feasible (they decided it was). …As Secretary of Defense in the Bush administration, Rumsfeld oversaw two wars against tiny nations which were essentially unable to mount any serious defense. He is one-for-two: Rumsfeld’s plans were effective in toppling Afghanistan quickly with few American casualties, and installing a U.S.-friendly government there. But in Iraq, the reasons Rumsfeld cited for attacking have been disproved, so it remains unclear what vital American interest U.S. soldiers are fighting for. And while Rumsfeld’s strategy allowed U.S. forces to quickly take nominal control of the land, no-one has yet found a way to calm the increasingly angry natives who want the Americans to leave their country. The flow of dead and injured Americans — and Iraqis — continues. …In press conferences, Rumsfeld enjoyed mocking reporters whose questions he deemed silly. Often, though, his own answers were so meandering and muddled, it seemed Rumsfeld might be on medication, entering senility, or simply avoiding the questions. Some pundits jokingly recited the transcripts of Rumsfeld’s answers as goofy poetry. …He was in the Pentagon on September 11, and helped load the wounded onto stretchers. …When the Abu Ghraib torture scandal was making headlines, Rumsfeld offered his resignation to President Bush, twice, and twice Bush refused it. Critics charged that the torture was systematic, not merely the work of out-of-control low-level grunts. Pulitzer prize-winning reporter Seymour Hersh has reported that memos from Rumsfeld “encouraged physical coercion and sexual humiliation of Iraqi prisoners”. …New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd once quoted Henry Kissinger as calling Rumsfeld the most ruthless man he knew, all global despots included. Kissinger says he never said this. …”We do know that the Iraqi regime has chemical and biological weapons. His regime has amassed large, clandestine stockpiles of chemical weapons — including VX, sarin, cyclosarin and mustard gas.” -Lies from Rumsfeld, 18 September 2002; “We know where they [Iraq's weapons of mass destruction] are. They’re in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.” – Lies from Rumsfeld, 30 March 2003; “[W]e never believed that we’d just tumble over weapons of mass destruction in that country.” -Rumsfeld, 4 May 2003. | US Secretary of Defense (2001-06); US Ambassador Middle East (1983-84); Searle Pharmaceuticals President & CEO (1977-85); US Secretary of Defense (1975-77); White House Chief of Staff (1974-75); US Ambassador to NATO (1973-74); US Official Director, Economic Stabilization Program (1971-72); Office of Economic Opportunity Director (1969-70); US Congressman, Illinois (1963-69); Congressional Staff Administrative Assistant (1957); Member of the Board of General Instrument (1990-93); Member of the Board of Gilead Sciences (as Chairman); Member of the Board of Kellogg; Member of the Board of Searle Pharmaceuticals (1977-85); Member of the Board of Sears Roebuck; Member of the Board of Tribune Co.; Forstmann Little & Co. Advisory Board; Salomon Smith Barney chairman, International Advisory Board (1999-2000); Dubya Ranch Hand Aug-2002; Alfalfa Club 1975; American Academy of Diplomacy Charter Member; Atlantic Institute for International Affairs; Bill Bradley for President; Bush-Quayle ’92; Campaign America Inc.; Committee for the Free World Chairman; Committee on the Present Danger; Council of American Ambassadors; Council on Foreign Relations; Eisenhower Fellowships Chairman Emeritus; Empower America; Freedom House; FreedomWorks; Friends of Giuliani Exploratory Committee; Friends of Newt Gingrich; George W. Bush for President; Gerald R. Ford Foundation Trustee; Hoover Institution Board of Trustees, Distinguished Visiting Fellow; Institute for Contemporary Studies Board member; Jamestown Foundation Advisory Board; National Republican Senatorial Committee; Northern Lights PAC; Project for the New American Century; RAND Corporation Board Member; Santorum 2000; Tom Delay Congressional Committee; Presidential Medal of Freedom 1977; Dwight D. Eisenhower Medal 1993; Distinguished Eagle Scout Award 1975; Silver Buffalo; Eagle Scout; Funeral: Gerald Ford (2007) Honorary Pallbearer. Father: George Donald Rumsfeld (real estate salesman); Mother: Jeannette Huster (homemaker); Sister: Joan Ramsay; Wife: Joyce H. Pierson (two daughters, one son); Daughter: Valerie (psychologist, b. 1956); Daughter: Marcy (divorced homemaker, b. 1960); Son: Nicholas (internet entrepreneur, b. 1967). | He was also part of the board of advisors of the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA).
Major Gen. Robert Scales (Army, ret)
AKA Robert H. Scales, Jr. B. 1944 in Fla. Executive summary: Military analyst, pundit. …appointed President and CEO of Walden University in 2000. In December 2002 he was appointed President of Capstar Government Services (CGS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Educational Testing Services. He is currently an independent consultant for defense matters, etc.
* http://security.nationaljournal.com/contributors/Scales.php | http://www.jhuapl.edu/POW/bios/scales.htm | Educational Testing Service President, Capstar Government Services (2002-); Air Medal; Bronze Star; Silver Star (14-Jun-1969); Distinguished Service Medal; Legion of Merit with four Oak Leaf Clusters; Meritorious Service Medal with four Oak Leaf Clusters. Father: Robert H. Scales, Sr. (career Army officer); wife and two daughters.
-?>Robert Scales 501 Edmund Ave; Saint Paul, MN 55103-1609
Randall J Scheunemann…on PNAC Board of Directors, U.S. Committee on NATO Board of Directors. Treasurer for Project on Transitional Democracies. Lobbyist. History: Office of the Secretary of Defense – Consultant on Iraq Policy (2001).
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Scheunemann_Randy - Affiliations: McCain 2008 Presidential Campaign: Senior Foreign Policy and National Security Advisor; International Republican Institute: Member, Board of Directors; Project for the New American Century: Former Member, Board of Directors; Project on Transitional Democracies: Former Treasurer; U.S. Committee on NATO: Former Member, Board of Directors; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq: Former President and Executive Director; McCain 2000 Presidential Campaign: Senior Defense and Foreign Policy Advisor; Republican Platform Committee: Member, 1996; Bob Dole Presidential Campaign: Senior Advisor, 1996. Government: Office of the Secretary of Defense: Consultant on Iraq Policy, 2001; Staff for Senate Majority Leaders Trent Lott and Bob Dole: National Security Adviser, 1993-1998; Congressional Committee Staffs: Senate Foreign Relations Committee, House Foreign Affairs Committee, House Republican Policy Committee, 1986-1993. Private sector: Orion Strategies LLC: President; Scheunemann & Associates: Lobbyist for [front group] National Rifle Association, 1999-2002; Consultants to McCain 2008 Campaign; Mercury Group:Former President, 1999-2000. ~~~ Randy Scheunemann, founder and president of the public relations firm Orion Strategies, is a well-connected lobbyist and political insider who has advised a number of conservative political figures, supported the work of various neoconservative-led advocacy groups, and lobbied on behalf of defense industry clients and foreign governments. …Despite his close association with right-wing factions, Scheunemann has also advised the liberal Open Society, founded by billionaire financier George Soros. In November 2010, Salon.com’s Justin Elliott reported that federal disclosure forms revealed Scheunemann’s lobbying firm, Orion Strategies, had “since 2003 been paid over $150,000 by [Open Society Policy Center] for lobbying work. … The lobbying, which has continued to the present, centers on legislation involving sanctions and democracy promotion in Burma.” [Much more>http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Scheunemann_Randy.]
* NNDB: Committee for the Liberation of Iraq President (2002-03); US Defense Department Consultant, Office of the Secretary of Defense (2001); Orion Strategies LLC President (2001-); Mercury Group President (-2001); Congressional Staff National Security Adviser to Sens. Trent Lott and Bob Dole (1993-99); Congressional Staff Staff, Senate Foreign Relations Committee etc. (1986-93); Bush-Cheney ’04; Committee on the Present Danger; Elizabeth Dole Committee; Elizabeth Dole for President; Friends of George Allen; International Republican Institute Board of Directors; John McCain 2008 Foreign Policy Aide; The Leadership Circle PAC; Lindsey Graham for Senate; McCain 2000 Defense and Foreign Policy Coordinator; Project for the New American Century Board of Directors; Project on Transitional Democracies Board of Directors; Republican National Committee Platform Committee (1996); Straight Talk America; US Committee on NATO Board of Directors. | Wife: Patricia Scheunemann. Inbred children: Leah Scheunemann, Zach Scheunemann.
-Randall J Scheunemann 6608 Stonecrest Ln; Fairfax Station, VA 22039-1200 (703) 266-2166 [45-49 / Patricia L Scheunemann]
AKA Gary James Schmitt – Executive Director of the PNAC. Consultant to the Department of Defense.Member of the Board of Directors of the U.S. Committee on NATO. Visiting Fellow at the Brookings Institute. Adjunct Professor at John Hopkins University. History: Executive Director of the President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board under Reagan.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Schmitt_Gary - Affiliations: American Enterprise Institute: Resident Scholar; Director of Program on Advanced Strategic Studies; Project for the New American Century: Senior Fellow, Former Executive Director; U.S. Committee on NATO: Board of Directors; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq: Secretary; Consortium for the Study of Intelligence, National Strategy Information Center: Coordinator, Working Group on Intelligence Reform, 1996; Brookings Institution: Former Visiting Fellow; The National Interest: Former Visiting Fellow; Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies:Former Adjunct Professor. Government: President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board: Executive Director, 1984-1988; Senate Select Committee on Intelligence: Minority Staff Director, 1982-1984; Member of Professional Staff, 1980-1982; Department of Defense: Consultant, 1992-1993. ~~~ A resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) and author of numerous texts on intelligence reform and national security, Gary Schmitt helped found and direct the Project for the New American Century (PNAC), a key neoconservative letterhead group formed in 1997 that played a leading role advocating war in Iraq and an expansive war on terror in the wake of 9/11. …Schmitt was one of a number of so-called second generation neoconservatives who, heavily influenced by the writings of the arcane political philosopher Leo Strauss, left academia in the 1970s to initiate what scholars Stefan Halper and Jonathan Clarke called a “new conservative political outlook” in Washington (America Alone, p. 98) . Describing this movement of Straussians from universities to policymaking, Irving Kristol, perhaps the most important neoconservative progenitor, once wrote that this “new generation” of scholars, who learned from Strauss’s students, “relocated to Washington, DC, since the academic world of positivist ‘political science’ has become ever more hostile to Strauss and ‘Straussians’-even while his mode of thought has filtered down to an ever more ‘happy few’” (Neoconservatism, p. 7). …Among the “happy few” who transitioned to the policy world with Schmitt in the 1970s and 1980s were Paul Wolfowitz, former number two at the Pentagon under Donald Rumsfeld; I. Lewis Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney‘s former chief of staff; William Kristol, son of Irving and cofounder of the Weekly Standard and PNAC who left Harvard to serve on the staff of Reagan’s secretary of education, William Bennett; and Abram Shulsky, a former Reagan Defense Department official who gained notoriety as one of a number of Straussian adepts involved in skewing intelligence in the Office of Special Plans to help justify the invasion of Iraq. (For more on Strauss and his purported influence on a number of conservative political elites associated with the George W. Bush administration, see Jim Lobe, “The Strong Must Rule the Weak,” Foreign Policy In Focus, May 12, 2003.) [Only 6 paragraphs to go: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Schmitt_Gary.]
-Gary J Schmitt 3729 13th St S; Arlington, VA 22204-4225 (703) 979-4885 [Cecelia B Schmitt, Genevieve C Schmitt]
<–L., Wolfowitz center. |
Chairman of the Defense Science Board for the Department of Defense. President of International Planning Services, works for the lobbying company Jefferson Consulting Group. Previously served on the “Rumsfeld Commission”. …Schneider served as Under-Secretary of State in the Reagan administration, and later became a member of the Project for the New American Century (PNAC). He was one of the signers of the January 26, 1998, PNAC Letter sent to President Bill Clinton that encouraged an attack against Iraq. In that same year he served on the Commission to Assess the Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States, which came to the phony conclusion that Iraq could develop a ballistic missile capable of striking the US in ten years, etc.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Schneider_William_Jr - Affiliations: Hudson Institute: Former Staff Member; Center for Security Policy: Member, National Security Advisory Council; Project for the New American Century: Letter Signatory; National Institute for Public Policy: Study Participant, “Rationale and Requirements for Nuclear Forces and Arms Control,” 2001; Council on Foreign Relations: Member; American Foreign Policy Council: Discussant. Government: Defense Science Board: Former Chairman (through July 2008); State Department: Member, Defense Trade Advisory Group; Under Secretary for Security Assistance, Science, and Technology (1982-1986); U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission: Former Member; Commission to Assess the Ballistic Missile Threat to the United States (“Rumsfeld Missile Commission”): Member (1998); President’s General Advisory Committee on Arms Control and Disarmament: Chairman (1987-1993); Japan-U.S. Friendship Commission: Member; Office of Management and Budget: Associate Director for National Security and International Affairs (1981-1982); U.S. House of Representatives: Staffer(1976-1981); U.S. Senate: Staffer (1971-1976). Private sector: International Planning Services, Inc.: President; BAE Systems: Member, Board of Directors; WorldSpace: Member, Board of Directors; Defense Group, Inc.: Member, Board of Directors; Evans & Sutherland Computer Corp.: Member, Board of Directors; Lucent Technologies: Member, Government Advisory Board; G2 Satellite Solutions: Former Member, Advisory Board; Defense Forecasts International: Former Member, Board of Directors. ~~~ William Schneider Jr., a longtime proponent of controversial weapons programs and hardline advocacy groups like the Center for Security Policy (CSP), has worked as a defense adviser to the George W. Bush administration. He has also served as chairman of the Defense Science Board (DSB), a federal advisory committee that was established in 1956 to periodically review “the needs and opportunities presented by new scientific knowledge for radically new weapons systems” (see “Defense Science Board: History,” Office of the Secretary of Defense). A supporter of national missile defense, Schneider has also served on the boards of a number of defense contractors, including BAE Systems, the British defense contractor that has been investigated by British and U.S. authorities for unethical business practices. …Schneider has been affiliated with a number of rightist and neoconservative-aligned advocacy groups, including Frank Gaffney‘s CSP, the Hudson Institute, and the Project for the New American Century (PNAC). A former adjunct fellow at Hudson and adviser to CSP, Schneider signed several PNAC open letters to government officials, including the September 20, 2001 letter that urged President Bush to attack Iraq as part of the war on terror, ” even if evidence does not link Iraq directly to the [9/11] attack” (for more on PNAC and contributors to its letter campaigns, see Right Web Profile: Project for the New American Century). [It's just getting good: click here fore more> http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Schneider_William_Jr.]
-?>William Schneider 2700 Virginia Ave NW; Washington, DC 20037-1909 (202) 333-4466 [65+]
http://csis.org/program/brzezinski-chair-global-security-and-geostrategy - Zbigniew Brzezinski Chair in Global Security and Geostrategy at CSIS.
-Simon H Serfaty 2125 Bancroft Pl NW; Washington, DC 20008-4019 (202) 234-9022 [65+ / Gail F Serfaty]
| http://www.cfr.org/publication/10030/sestanovich.html | Kathryn and Shelby Cullom Davis Professor at the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University He previously worked in the Reagan Administration on the policy planning staff in the Department of State and subsequently as senior director for policy development at the United States National Security Council. He later served as Ambassador-at-large and Special Adviser to the Secretary for the new independent states to United States Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, etc.
-Stephen R Sestanovich 3929 Livingston St NW; Washington, DC 20015-2921 (202) 362-8376 [60-64 / Ann H Hulbert, Sestanovich Hulbert, Hulbert Sestanovich]
B. 1943. …formerly United States Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labor under President Bill Clinton and Secretary Madeleine Albright. He played a key role in the establishment by the United Nations of the International Criminal Tribunals for Rwanda and the former Yugoslavia. He also worked with an international coalition under UN authority to restore a democratically elected government to Haiti and negotiated the Dayton Peace Agreement and other efforts to end the war in Bosnia. He was appointed by President Clinton as U.S. Ambassador to the Czech Republic and served in that post from 1998–2000, etc. -http://en.shmuckipedia.org/wiki/John_Shattuck | Wife: Ellen Hume (journalist, teacher, 4 children).
-dubious>John A Shattuck 224 Walnut Ridge Ln; Palmyra, VA 22963-5136 (434) 591-4520 [65+ / Anne G Shattuck]
-AFoCR co, Ambassador Ambassador 2801 M St NW; Washington, DC 20007-3712
-National Endowment For Democracy, Board of Directors 1025 F St NW, Ste 800; Washington, DC 20004-1432 (202) 378-9700
…resident scholar at Oxford University’s Oriel College. | http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/shaw11/Spanish
http://www.hudson.org/learn/index.cfm?fuseaction=staff_bio&eid=AbramShulsky - Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Shulsky_Abram - Affiliations: Hudson Institute: Senior Fellow (2009 – present); Project for the New American Century: Participant, “Rebuilding America’s Defenses”; Rand Corporation: Former researcher; National Strategy Information Center: Former fellow. Government: Defense Department: Former Senior Adviser to the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, Iranian Directorate; Former Director, Office of Special Plans; Senate Intelligence Committee: Former Staffer. ~~~ Abram Shulsky, a scholar of intelligence issues and student of the political theorist Leo Strauss, served as a Pentagon advisor during the George W. Bush presidency, including heading the controversial Office of Special Plans (OSP) in the lead-up to the Iraq War. The OSP, which was accused of distorting intelligence on Iraq, was conceived by Paul Wolfowitz and began its work soon after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. …Since leaving government, Abrams has written infrequently on U.S. foreign policy as a senior fellow at the neoconservative Hudson Institute. In a May 2010 Wall Street Journal editorial co-written with the controversial Bush-era Pentagon official Douglas Feith, Shulsky argued that the Barack Obama administration’s arms control efforts, “rest on other-worldly assumptions.” Pointing to the 2010 Nuclear Posture Review, the authors claimed that Obama’s nuclear posture was delusional because it required world peace as a precondition. … [Read the rest at: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Shulsky_Abram.]
* http://www.voltairenet.org/article30099.html - Abram Shulsky, an intelligence expert closely associated with a number of leading neoconservative figures, served as head of the controversial Office of Special Plans (OSP) during the lead-up to the Iraq War. The OSP, which was accused of distorting intelligence on Iraq, was conceived by Paul Wolfowitz and began its work soon after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. According to a 2003 investigative report by the New Yorker’s Seymour Hersh, Shulsky is “a scholarly expert in the works of the political philosopher Leo Strauss. Shulsky has been quietly working on intelligence and foreign-policy issues for three decades; he was on the staff of the Senate Intelligence Committee in the early 1980s and served in the Pentagon under Assistant Secretary of Defense Richard Perle during the Reagan administration, after which he joined the Rand Corporation. The Office of Special Plans is overseen by Under-Secretary of Defense William Luti, a retired Navy captain” (Seymour Hersh, “Selective Intelligence,” New Yorker, May 12, 2003). …Retired Air Force Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, who worked in the Near East South Asia directorate at the Department of Defense and who “observed firsthand the formation of the Pentagon’s Office of Special Plans,” wrote that she “had a clear sense that Abe [Shulsky] ranked high in the organization, although ostensibly he was under Luti. … Shulsky’s real boss was somebody like Douglas Feith or higher” (Karen Kwiatkowski, “The New Pentagon Papers,” Salon.com, March 10, 2004), etc.
* Director: Defence Department’s Office Of Special Plans, a division created by Paul Wolfowitz. History: Worked for the RAND corporation. Worked under Richard Perle in the Defense Department during the Reagan administration. -http://www.reasoned.org/e_PNAC2.htm
-Abram N Shulsky 5901 Mount Eagle Dr, Apt 1416; Alexandria, VA 22303-2511 (703) 960-7156
Richard H. Shultz
Professor of International Politics at the Fletcher School. Holds Chairs at the Naval War College and the U.S. Military Academy. Fellow at the Institute of Peace.
-”?”>Richard H Shultz Jr 1454 Mystic Valley Pkwy; Medford, MA 02155-6803 (781) 488-3242 [60-64]
-?>Stefano Silvestri 111 E 88th St, Apt 7E; New York, NY 10128-1173 [Luciano Silvestri]
AKA Paul Martin Simon. 1928-2003. Executive summary: US Senator, one-time Presidential candidate. | US Senator, Illinois (1985-97); US Congressman, Illinois (1975-85); Lieutenant Governor of Illinois (1969-73); Illinois State Senate (1963-68); Illinois State House of Representatives (1955-63); 4-H Club; Citizens for a Moratorium on Federal Executions; Project for the New American Century; Grassroots.com Board of Advisors; J. C. Penney stock boy; Open Heart Surgery. Father: Martin Paul Simon; Mother: Ruth Troemel; Wife: Jeanne Hurley (m. 21-Apr-1960, d. Feb-2000); Wife: Patricia Derge (m. May-2001); Daughter: Sheila; Son: Martin; Daughter: Jennie Derge (stepdaughter); Brother: Arthur.
-Deceased (Dec. 9/03).
Walter B. Slocombe
AKA Walter Becker Slocombe. B. 1941 in N.M. Executive summary: Defense analyst. Jewish (what else?) | http://www.gwu.edu/~elliott/news/briefing/archive/spring2004/p7.cfm - ”the senior advisor for security sector and defense affairs to the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq, briefs reporters at the Pentagon on Sept. 17, 2003, on the progress of rebuilding the Iraqi police and military forces.” | Caplin & Drysdale (1971-76, 1981-93, 2001-); Coalition Provisional Authority for Iraq Senior Advisor for Defense and Security Sector Affairs (2003); Defense Policy Board (2002-04); US Defense Department Undersecretary of Defense for Policy (1994-2001); US Defense Department Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Planning (1993-94); RAND Corporation Consultant (1986-93); US Defense Department Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Planning (1979-81); US Defense Department Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs (1977-79); Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee Director; International Institute for Strategic Studies Research Associate (1970-71); US National Security Council Staff (1969-70); Law Clerk for Supreme Court Justice Abe Fortas (1968-69); American Bar Association; Atlantic Council; Center for Strategic & International Studies Senior Adviser; Coalition for a Democratic Majority; Council on Foreign Relations; Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces International Advisory Board; John Kerry for President; Kerry Victory 2004; National Security Archive; Obama for America; Our Military Kids, Inc. Advisory Board; Science Debate 2008; District of Columbia Bar; US Supreme Court Bar; Harvard Law Review Note Editor; Rhodes Scholarship. Wife: Ellen S. Seidman (three children); Son: Will Slocombe; Daughter: Sasha Slocombe; Daughter: Merrin Slocombe.
-Walter B Slocombe 2558 36th St NW; Washington, DC 20007-1458 (202) 342-0036 [65+]
[[[-Ellen S Seidman 2558 36th St NW; Washington, DC 20007-1458 (202) 342-0036 [60-64 / Walter B Slocombe]]]]
-Walter B Slocombe 1429 Caribou Rd; Nederland, CO 80466-9514 (303) 258-0132 [Will W Slocombe, Merrin H Slocombe]
-Walter B Slocombe Lwyr, Principal 1 Thomas Cir NW; Washington, DC 20005-5801 (202) 862-5071
-Ellen Seidman, Shorebank International, Manager 1730 Rhode Island Ave NW, Ste 812; Washington, DC 20036-3114 (202) 822-9100
Abraham David Sofaer (b. 1938, Bombay, India) was a federal judge for the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, and then a legal adviser to the United States State Department. He is currently a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. Sofaer received a B.A. from Yeshiva University in 1962, etc. ..Recent articles have included “Taking The War To The Terrorists” in Forbes (10/08), “War of resources” about Hezbollah (8/06), and an online debate, “Should Dictators Be Put to Death?” with Kenneth Roth of Human Rights Watch, on the Council on Foreign Relations Web site (6/06).
Executive Director of the Nonproliferation Education Center. History: was Resident Fellow in the Heritage Foundation and the Hoover Institution. Was a Senior Legislative Aide for Senator Dan Quayle, etc.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Sokolski_Henry - Affiliations: Nonproliferation Policy Education Center: Executive Director (1994-current); United Against Nuclear Iran: Advisory Board member; Project for the New American Century: Letter on New Defense Strategy, Signatory (2003); Project for the New American Century: Letter on War on Terrorism, Signatory (2001); Institute of World Politics: Adjunct Professor; National Institute for Public Policy: Former Resident Fellow; Heritage Foundation: Former Resident Fellow; Hoover Institution: Former Resident Fellow; University of Chicago: Former Instructor; Rosary College: Former Instructor; Loyola University: Former Instructor. Government: Commission to Assess the Organization of the Federal Government to Combat the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction (Deutch Commission): Commissioner (1999); Department of Defense Proliferation Countermeasures Working Group: Former Member; Central Intelligence Agency: Senior Advisory Panel, Member (1995-1996); Department of Defense: Deputy for Nonproliferation Policy in the Office of the Secretary; Staff Member in Office of Net Assessment (1989-1993); Legislative Branch: Senior Military Legislative Aide for Sen. Dan Quayle (1984-1988); Special Assistant on Nuclear Energy Matters for Sen. Gordon Humphrey (1982-1983); National Intelligence Council: Former Consultant. ~~~ Henry Sokolski is a widely published advocate of hawkish defense policies and frequent government consultant on military and intelligence matters. He is the executive director of the Nonproliferation Policy Education Center (NPEC), a think tank devoted to “developing a truly effective nonproliferation policy” that shifts “the current debate away from academic stability arguments and traditional concerns about maintaining international norms to the more pressing proliferation problems.” This includes long-term strategies for “the most implacable proliferators (e.g., North Korea, Iraq, Iran, Libya)” and assessing whether “regime change [is] required in each case” and how regime change can be “accomplished without all-out wars.”  …A frequent contributor to such rightist outlets as the National Review and the Weekly Standard, Sokolski has criticized efforts to engage countries like Iran. In an October 2, 2009 entry for National Review’s blog, “The Corner,” Sokolski ridiculed the then-recent agreement between Iran and the U.N. Security Council’s five permanent members (plus Germany) to allow inspections of Iran’s nuclear sites and send most of its enriched uranium to Russia and France for processing. He wrote, “Iran emerged as the clear winner at yesterday’s nuclear summit with Russia, China, France, the U.K., the U.S., and Germany. Heading into the Geneva talks, the U.S. and the U.N. Security Council (UNSC) were demanding that Iran suspend all nuclear-fuel-making activities or face sanctions. After seven and a half hours of negotiations, though, the UNSC and Germany blinked, dropped any hint of penalizing Tehran, and let it continue to make nuclear fuel at Natanz.”  … [--->http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Sokolski_Henry.]
* http://www.npec-web.org/Staff.asp?StaffID=1946390440 | http://www.aaas.org/news/releases/2008/0402iaea.shtml
-Henry D Sokolski 3 Elm St; Roslyn Heights, NY 11577-1201 (516) 621-0371 [45-49 / Joseph R Sokolski, Frank C Sokolski, Ana M Sokolski, Diane R Gough]
AKA Stephen Joshua Solarz. B. 1940 (NYC) – D. Nov. 2010 (DC). Executive summary: Congressman from New York, 1975-93. | US Congressman, New York 13th (1975-93); New York State Assembly (1968-74); American Committee for Peace in the Caucasus Advisory Board; Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Consultant; Council on Foreign Relations; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq Advisory; Committee on the Present Danger; Henry Jackson Society; International Crisis Group Executive Committee; Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs Advisory Board; Joe Lieberman for President; National Democratic Institute for International Affairs Senior Advisory Committee; Project for the New American Century; Member of the Board of Samsonite. Father: Sanford Solarz; Mother: Ruth Fertig (“Ruth Robin”); Brother: Avrom; Brother: Seth; Wife: Nina Koldin (m. 5-Feb-1967, until his death); Son: Randy Glantz (stepson); Daughter: Lisa Prickett (stepdaughter).
Stephen J Solarz 1120 Bellview Rd; McLean, VA 22102-1104 (703) 759-3326 [Nina K Solarz]
B. 1938. Executive summary: Former NSC staffer. Advisor to President Nixon. | http://www.jhu.edu/jhumag/0600web/awards.html | http://www.brookings.edu/experts/s/sonnenfeldth.aspx“ – Helmut Sonnenfeldt’s areas of focus include Russian and European affairs, executive-congressional relations and intelligence and national security issues. A veteran of the National Security Council staff, he has held several advisory posts in the U.S. government and the private sector.” | Defense Policy Board Advisory Committee; US National Security Council (1969-74); American Academy of Diplomacy; Atlantic Council Board of Directors; Brookings Institution; Council on Foreign Relations; European Institute Board of Advisors; International Institute for Strategic Studies Executive Committee (1988-89); Public International Law and Policy Group Balkan Action Council; World Affairs Council Advisory Council. Father: Walther Sonnenfeldt; Mother: Gertrud Sonnenfeldt; Wife: Marjorie H. Sonnenfeldt; Son: Walter Herman Sonnenfeldt; Daughter: Babette Hecht Sonnenfeldt.
-Helmut Sonnenfeldt 5600 Wisconsin Ave, Apt 1504; Chevy Chase, MD 20815-4412 (301) 656-6706 and/or (301) 656-6731 [65+ / Marjorie H Sonnenfeldt, Hel Sonnenfeldt]
James B. Steinberg
B. 1953. Executive summary: Deputy Secretary of State. | http://lamecherry.blogspot.com/2008/08/judas-goat.html | US Deputy Secretary of State (2009-); Brookings Institution VP & Director, Foreign Policy Studies (2001-05); Markle Foundation Senior Advisor (2001); White House Deputy National Security Advisor (1996-2000); Director of Policy Planning (1994-96); US State Department Chief of Staff (1994-96); US State Department Depy. Asst. Secy. for Analysis, Bureau of Intel. & Research (1993-94); RAND Corporation Senior Analyst (1989-93); International Institute for Strategic Studies Senior Fellow (1985-87); Congressional Staff Aide on Armed Services Committe to Sen. Ted Kennedy (1983-85); Congressional Staff Minority Counsel, Senate Labor & HR Committee (1981-83); US Justice Department Special Asst. to the Asst. Attorney General, Civil Division (1979-80); Law Clerk to Judge David L. Bazelon, DC Circuit Court of Appeals (1978-79); US Health, Education and Welfare Department Special Asst. to Asst. Secy. for Planning & Evaluation (1977); Aspen Institute Aspen Strategy Group; Bilderberg Group; Council on Foreign Relations; District of Columbia Bar; Pacific Council on International Policy Board of Directors; Trilateral Commission; Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists Board of Directors; Washington Quarterly Editorial Board. Father: (jeweler); Wife: Sherburne B. Abbott (Associate director for Environment and Energy, Office of Science and Technology Policy); two adopted Chinese daughters).
-James B Steinberg 3417 Morrison St NW Washington, DC 20015-1741 [Sherburne A Steinberg] Prior: Austin, Tx.
Leonard R. Sussman
-”?”>Leonard R Sussman 215 E 73rd St; New York, NY 10021-3653 (212) 988-5137 [65+ / Marianne Sussman]
-Leonard R Sussman “address unavailable”;Craftsbury, VT 05826-9517 (802) 586-7773 [Marianne]
-?>Leonard Sussman 124 E 79th St; New York, NY 10075-0353 (212) 249-1812
John J. Sweeney
B. 1934 in Bronx, NY. President (1995-2009) of the American Federation of Labor – Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO). | AFL-CIO Vice president (1980-95); AFL-CIO President (1995-2009); Alliance for Health Reform Board of Directors; America Coming Together; Campaign for America’s Future; National Coalition on Health Care Board of Directors. | Married to Maureen Power. They live in Bethesda, Maryland. The Sweeneys have two children, John (a chef) and Patricia (who works for the AFL-CIO).
-John J Sweeney 5806 Wiltshire Dr; Bethesda, MD 20816-1226 (301) 229-9147 [Maureen P Sweeney]
William Howard Taft IV
Taft is an attorney who has served in the United States government under several Republican administrations. Chief Legal Advisor to the Department of State. History: assistant to Casper Weinberger in the Nixon administration. Chief legal advisor to the United States Department of State under Secretary of State Colin Powell. Freedom House, board of trustees, etc. He and his late wife, Julia Vadala Taft, had three children—Maria Consetta Taft, Julia Harris Taft, and William Howard Taft V. He resides in Lorton, Va.
-William H Taft IV 9829 Gunston Rd; Lorton, VA 22079-2103 (703) 550-0618 [65+ / Julia V Taft]
-William H Taft IV 3245 Cleveland Ave NW; Washington, DC 20008-3450 (202) 338-2754
AKA Richard Lewis “Dick” Thornburgh. B. 1932. Executive summary: US Attorney General, 1988-91. | Lawyer and Republican politician who served as the Governor of Pennsylvania from 1979 to 1987, and then as the U.S. Attorney General from 1988 to 1991 (Reagan and Bush Sr. administrations). | UN Undersecretary-General for Administration and Management (1992-93); US Attorney General (1988-91); Governor of Pennsylvania (1979-87); US Justice Department Asst. Attorney General (1975-77); US Attorney Western Pennsylvania (1969-75); Bush-Cheney ’04; Common Good Advisory Board; Council on Foreign Relations; Foreign Policy Research Institute Board of Advisors; Friends of Giuliani Exploratory Committee; George W. Bush for President; International Law Institute Board of Advisors; John McCain 2008; McCain-Palin Victory 2008; National Legal Center for the Public Interest Advisory Council; Project for the New American Century; Romney for President; Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee; Urban Institute Vice Chairman; Washington Legal Foundation Chairman, Legal Policy Advisory Board; Polygraphed. Father: Charles Garland Thornburg, Mother: Alice Sandborn; Wife: Virginia “Ginny” Walton Judson (m. 12-Oct-1963, four sons); Son: John; Son: David; Son: Peter; Son: William.
-Richard L Thornburgh 191 Wicklow Ln; Ligonier, PA 15658-3583 (724) 238-4567 [D Thornburgh, Virginia J Thornburgh]
Heritage Foundation. President of China Business Intelligence. Worked in the State Department during the Reagan administration.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Tkacik_John_Jr - Affiliations: The Heritage Foundation: Research Fellow in China Policy (2001-current); Project for a New American Century: Letter on Hong Kong: Signatory (2002); Taiwan Weekly Business Bulletin: Former Publisher. Government Posts/Panels/Commissions: U.S. Department of State: Director of Junior Officer Training at Foreign Service Institute (1986-1989); Deputy U.S. Consul General in Guangzhou, China (1989-1992); Chief of China Analysis (1992-1994). Corporate Connections/Business Interests: China Business Intelligence: President (1994-current). ~~~ Highlights & Quotes John Tkacik is a Heritage Foundation China scholar and a signatory to the Project for the New American Century’s 2002 letter to President Bush on Hong Kong, which warned of increasing “central Chinese government control over key levers of power” in Hong Kong. …In response to a May 2003 Council on Foreign Relations report which argued that China didn’t pose much of a military threat to U.S. interests, Tkacik said: “It’s sort of a feel-good report. It doesn’t jibe with a Pentagon report last year. And it’s a mistake to underestimate the Chinese ability to amass a high quality military force close to their shores.” (Washington Post, May 23, 2003) …In December 2003, after President Bush warned Taiwan not to rock the boat in its relations with China by holding a controversial referendum on independence, Tkacik joined a chorus of neocon and rightwing hawks-including PNAC directors William Kristol, Robert Kagan, and Gary Schmitt-in lambasting the president’s position. Tkacik told the Post that the president had “lost his bearings” on Taiwan. “It just boggles the mind. I’m just appalled. Clinton never would have gone this far.” (Washington Post, December 9, 2003) [--->http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Tkacik_John_Jr.]
-John J Tkacik Jr 212 Grace Ave; Barberton, OH 44203-2709 (330) 848-1287 [65+ / Evelyn M Tkacik, Christine E Tkacik, Veronica Tkacik]
-John J Tkacik, Owner 1307 Westgrove Blvd; Alexandria, VA 22307-1744 (703) 768-5105
Helga Flores Trejo
http://www.brookings.edu/experts/florestrejoh.aspx - “…a nonresident fellow at Brookings and heads strategic communications for sectors at the Inter American Development Bank’s Washington headquarters where she coordinates external relations. Flores Trejo is an expert in German and U.S. foreign policy, European Union affairs, the Balkans and immigration issues.”
-”?”>Helga C Trejo 1837 California St NW; Washington, DC 20009-1808[Michael Trejo]
…unable to verify biographical information from multiple sources (other than PNAC involvement). -http://www.reasoned.org/e_PNAC2.htm | -Probably not?>“Ed Turner was a CNN executive vice president and one of the first people Ted Turner hired in 1980 to help make his dream of a 24/7 news network a reality. …He died of cancer in 2002 at the age of 66.”
http://www.gmfus.org/experts/expert.cfm?id=49 - “Ivan Vejvoda is executive director of the Balkan Trust for Democracy, a project of the German Marshall Fund dedicated to strengthening democratic …” Location: Belgrade.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Michael_G._Vickers - A former special forces officer and CIA operative…the Pentagon’s “principal official charged with oversight over all warfighting capabilities” after Gates and Deputy Secretary of Defense William Lynn. He is married with five daughters.
-?>Michael G Vickers 11692 Hollyview Dr; Great Falls, VA 22066-1329 (703) 444-4443 [55-59 / Melana Z Vickers]
http://www.esiweb.org/rumeliobserver/tag/carl-bildt/ - “During the mid-1980s, Sasha Vondra was active in Czechoslovakia’s democratic opposition, printing and distributing government-suppressed …” | http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Alexandr_(Sasha)_Vondra
Lauder Professor of International Relations at the University of Pennsylvania. Board member of Freedom House, member of the Council on Foreign Relations. History: professor at the Naval War College (1991-97), etc.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Waldron_Arthur - Affiliations: University of Pennsylvania: Lauder Professor of International Relations; U.S. Naval War College: Former Professor of Strategy and Policy; Brown University: Former Adjunct Professor; International Assessment and Strategy Center: Founder and Vice President; Family Security Matters: Board of Advisers, Member; Freedom House: Board of Trustees, Member; Center for Security Policy: Former Member, National Security Advisory Council; Jamestown Foundation: Board Member; Project for the New American Century: Signatory, Letter to President Bush on Hong Kong (2002); Statement on the Defense of Taiwan (1999); American Enterprise Institute: Former Director of Asian Studies; Council on Foreign Relations: Member. Government service: U.S.-China Security Review Commission: Former Commissioner; China Futures Panel: Former Panelist. ~~~ Arthur Waldron is a high profile China hawk who has served as a government adviser on China policy and supported the work of a number of militarist advocacy groups. He has been associated with the so-called Blue Team, an informal group that works on China policy and emphasizes the purported threat to U.S. security posed by the Asian nation. … Waldron has long been an advocate of more aggressive U.S. policies toward China, though much of his rhetoric in recent years has focused on human rights. In the run up to the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Waldron expressed disappointment in the George W. Bush administration’s response to China’s crackdown on protests in Tibet. … [Learn more at link.]
-“?”>Arthur H Waldron 305 Sechrist Flat Rd; Felton, PA 17322-9223 (717) 246-0830 [65+ / Sandra R Waldron]
-21 at large>http://www.whitepages.com/dir/a-z/waldron/arthur
http://www.defense.gov/bios/biographydetail.aspx?biographyid=199 - State Dep’t: Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Policy as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia/Ukraine/Eurasia, etc. | …professor of international relations at the School of International Service at American University, an adviser to Barack Obama during the 2008 Democratic Primary campaign and a well-known expert on Russia. Former director of the Russia and Eurasia program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). She is now Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia. Member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
Malcolm A. Wallop
B. 1933 in NYC. Executive summary: US Senator from Wyoming, 1977-95. | Heritage Foundation. Founder and Chairman of the Frontiers of Freedom. History: part of the Rumsfeld Commission. Senator for Wyoming (1977 – 1995). | US Senator, Wyoming (3-Jan-1977 to 3-Jan-1995); Wyoming State Senate (1973-76); Wyoming State House of Representatives (1969-72); Close Up Foundation Board of Advisors; Frontiers of Freedom Founder; Member of the Board of El Paso; Funeral: Richard Nixon (1994).
Father: Oliver Malcolm Wallop; Wife: Isabel Thomason Wallop.
-Malcolm Wallop 58 Canyon Ranch Rd; Big Horn, WY (307) 674-6086
-Malcolm Wallop 1557 22nd St N; Arlington, VA 22209-1131 (703) 528-0081 [65+ / French C Wallop, Scott M Goodwyn]
-Malcolm Wallop 6711 Corner Ln; McLean, VA 22101-3823 (703) 356-4531
Director of Program Analysis and Evaluation – Office of The Secretary of Defense. History: before government appointment, was a director in Northrop Gruman (weapons contractor).
-Barry D Watts 8002 Quarry Ridge Way; Bethesda, MD 20817-6948 (301) 469-6858 [Hope Watts]
-?>B Watts 1200 C St NE; Washington, DC 20002-6332 (202) 543-0768 [Jerome A Watts, Veda B Watts]
-Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, Analyst 1730 Rhode Island Ave NW; Washington, DC 20036-3101 (202) 331-7990
-72 at large: http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=Barry+&name=Watts&where=
AKA James Henry Webb, Jr. B. 1946. US Senator from Virginia. Secretary of the Navy and Assistant Secretary of Defense during the Reagan administration. | US Senator, Virginia (2007-); US Secretary of the Navy (1-May-1987 to 23-Feb-1988); Emmy; Purple Heart twice; Bronze Star twice; Silver Star; Navy Cross; Issued Concealed Carry Permit. Father: James Henry Webb, Sr.; Mother: Vera Lorraine Hodges; Wife: Barbara Samorajczyk (politician); Wife: Jo Ann Krukar Webb (lobbyist); Wife: Hong Le Webb (lawyer); Daughter: Amy Webb Hogan (mother=?); Daughter: Sarah Webb (mother=?); Son: Jim Webb (mother=?, USMC Cpl.); Daughter: Julia Webb (mother=?). also has a young child with his current wife Hong Le. Residence Falls Church, Virginia.
-James H Webb Jr 3837 N Tazewell St Arlington, VA 22207-4568 [Hong Webb]
-?>James H Webb Jr Mathews, VA (804) 725-5239
AKA John Vincent Weber. B. 1952. Executive summary: Congressman from Minnesota, 1981-93.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Weber_John_Vincent_Vin - Affiliations: Humphrey Institute: Senior Fellow; Co-Director of Policy Forum; National Endowment for Democracy: Chairman of the Board; Empower America: Co-Founder; George W. Bush Campaign: Adviser; Project for the New American Century: Letter on War on Terrorism: Signatory, 2001; Project for the New American Century: Letter to Gingrich and Lott on Iraq: Signatory, 1998; Project for the New American Century: Letter to President Clinton on Iraq: Signatory, 1998; Project for the New American Century: Statement of Principles: Signatory, 1997; Aspen Institute Domestic Strategy Group: Co-Chairman; Center of the American Experiment: Senior Fellow; German Marshall Fund: Member of Board of Trustees; National Public Radio: Member of the Board; Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government: Member of Visiting Committee; George Washington University National Council for Political Management: Member; Progress and Freedom Foundation: Former Senior Fellow; Senator Rudy Boshwitz Campaign: Manager and Chief Minnesota Aide, 1978-1980. Government: National Commission on Public Service: Member; U.S. House of Representatives: Minnesota Congressman, 1980-1992; Founder of Conservative Opportunity Society; U.S. Representative Tom Hagedorn: Press Secretary, 1974-1976; Minnesota State Republican Convention: Delegate, 1972, 1978. ~~~ Highlights & Quotes: Vin Weber, a partner at the influential Washington consulting firm Clark & Weinstock, is a former Minnesota Republican Congressman, banker, and head of the National Endowment for Democracy. A so-called “superlobbyist,” Weber is a prominent inside-the-beltway player who has long supported right-wing initiatives, including the campaigns of the Project for the New American Century. He co-founded—with Jeane Kirkpatrick, William Bennett, and Jack Kemp— Empower America, a rightist policy outfit “devoted to ensuring that government actions foster growth, economic well-being, freedom, and individual responsibility.” And he was a senior fellow at the Bradley-funded Progress and Freedom Foundation. Weber is also associated with the Aspen Institute, where he has served as co-director of the domestic policy project, and Humphrey Institute, a policy institute based at the University of Minnesota. [Read more.]
* NNDB: Clark & Weinstock Managing Partner, Chief Lobbyist (1994-); US Congressman, Minnesota 2nd (3-Jan-1983 to 3-Jan-1993); US Congressman, Minnesota 6th (3-Jan-1981 to 3-Jan-1983); Congressional Staff Senior Aide to Sen. Rudy Boschwitz (1977-80); The Murray County Herald Co-Publisher (1976-78); Congressional Staff Press Secretary to Tom Hagedorn (1974-75); Member of the Board of ITT Educational Services; American Success PAC; Americans for a Republican Majority; America’s Foundation; Aspen Institute Domestic Strategy Group; Bilderberg Group; Bluegrass Committee; Cantor for Congress; Citizens Against Government Waste; Council on Foreign Relations; Dreier for Congress Committee; Elizabeth Dole Committee; Empower America Co-Founder; Every Republican is Crucial PAC; The Freedom Project; Friends of Dick Lugar; Fund for a Responsible Future; German Marshall Fund Trustee; The Hawkeye PAC; Keep Our Mission PAC; Lindsey Graham for Senate; McCain 2000; McCain for Senate ’98; National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy Board of Directors; National Endowment for Democracy Chairman; National Republican Senatorial Committee; New Republican Majority Fund; Progress and Freedom Foundation Senior Fellow; Project for the New American Century; Rely on Your Beliefs Fund; Restore America PAC; Resurgent Republic Advisory Board; Romney for President; Santorum 2006; Spirit of America; Susan B. Anthony List; Tom Delay Congressional Committee; Volunteer PAC. Wife: Cheryl (two daughters).
-Vin V Weber 7701 Ridgecrest Dr Alexandria, VA 22308-1052 (703) 765-7447 [55-59 / Cheryl L Weber, John V Weber]
http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Wedgwood_Ruth - Affiliations: UN Watch:Member, International Board; Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies: Edward B. Burling Professor of International Law and Diplomacy; Director of International Law and Organization Program; Freedom House: Member, Board of Trustees; Yale University: Professor of Law (1986-2002); Council on Foreign Relations: Senior Fellow; American Society of International Law: Chairman of Research and Studies; International Law Association: Vice President of American Branch; United Nations Association: Member of Policy Advisory Group; American Journal of International Law: Board of Editors Member; Director of Terrorism Task Force; World Policy Journal: Editorial Advisory Board Member; Lawyers Alliance for World Security: Member of the Board; Hague Academy for International Law: Incoming Director of Studies; Lawyers Committee for Human Rights: Former Board Member; U.S. Naval War College: Former Stockton Professor of International Law. Government service: U.S. Department of Defense Policy Board: Member; U.S. Department of Defense: Adviser on Military Tribunals and 9/11; Central Intelligence Agency Historical Review Committee: Member; UN Human Rights Committee: U.S. Expert; U.S. Department of State: Member of Advisory Committee on International Law; Hart-Rudman Commission on National Security in the 21st Century: Member of National Security Study Group; Southern District of New York: Former Assistant U.S. Attorney; U.S. Department of Justice: Special Assistant to Chief of Criminal Division; Head of Attorney General-FBI Joint Working Group; U.S. Supreme Court: Former Law Clerk to Justice Harry A. Blackmun; U.S. Court of Appeals for 2nd Circuit: Former Law Clerk to Judge Henry J. Friendly. Private sector: Benador Associates: Expert Speaker. ~~~Ruth Wedgwood is an international law expert specializing in human rights who is based at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS). She is a former member of ex-Pentagon chief Donald Rumsfeld‘s Defense Policy Board, which was previously headed by Richard Perle. Closely associated with a number of neoconservative and rightist pro-Israel groups—including Freedom House, UN Watch, and Benador Associates (a neocon-dominated public relations firm)—Wedgwood has been a vocal advocate of the “war on terror” and a supporter of many of the policies and practices put in place by the George W. Bush administration since 9/11. … [Please read more at http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Wedgwood_Ruth.]
-Ruth G Wedgwood 11510 Lake Potomac Dr; Potomac, MD 20854-1223 [60-64 / Josiah F Wedgwood, Anne Glushien]
B. 1951 in Baltimore. Executive summary: Ethics and Public Policy Center. | “…one of America’s leading commentators on religion and public life.” A senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington, D.C. …co-founded National Endowment for Democracy, etc. | American Society for Bioethics and Humanities; Discovery Institute; Ethics and Public Policy Center Distinguished Senior Fellow; James Madison Foundation Founding President (1986-89); Project for the New American Century; Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Scholar-in-Residence (1984-85). Wife: Joan (three children). …lives in North Bethesda, Maryland.
-Joan B Weigel 5415 Glenwood Rd; Bethesda, MD 20817-3745 (301) 654-8712 [55-59 / G Weigel]
AKA Caspar Willard Weinberger, Sr. 1917-2006. Executive summary: Iran-Contra figure pardoned by Bush. | This ghoulish mishpucka jew was heavily involved in every type of crime that is conceivable — not the least of which was the asssassination of JFK, &C. | History: past publisher and chairman of Forbes magazine. Secretary of Defense under Reagan. Indicted on felony charges for his participation in supplying missiles to Iran, but pardoned by President Bush Sr. | “Caspar Willard “Cap” Weinberger (1917 – 2006), was an American politician, vice president and general counsel of Bechtel Corporation, etc., etc., etc….” | Forbes Chairman (1993-2006); Forbes Publisher (1989-93); Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board (1988-90); US Secretary of Defense (1981-87); Bechtel VP and General Counsel (1975-80); US Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare (1973-75); US Director, Office of Management and Budget (1972-73); US Federal Trade Commission Chairman (1970-72); California State Official State Director of Finance (1968-70); California State Assembly (1952-58); The San Francisco Chronicle staff book reviewer; Member of the Board of Bechtel; Member of the Board of Pepsi; Iran-Contra Scandal; Obstruction of Congress; Making False Statements; Pardoned by President George H.W. Bush 24-Dec-1992; Bronze Star; Presidential Medal of Freedom 1987; International Security Leadership Award 1982; Knight of the British Empire Feb-1988; Bohemian Grove; Forbes 2000; Friends of George Allen; Kennedy Center Trustee (past); Institute for Contemporary Studies Board member; National Legal Center for the Public Interest Board of Directors; Project for the New American Century; Trilateral Commission; Young America’s Foundation Board of Trustees; Phi Beta Kappa Society; The Harvard Crimson; Polygraphed (May-1992); Funeral: Richard Nixon (1994); Funeral: Ronald Reagan (2004); Jewish Ancestry. Father: Herman Weinberger; Mother: Cerise Carpenter Hampson (stepmother); Wife: Jane Dalton (author, m. 12-Aug-1942, d. 12-Jul-2009, one daughter, one son); Daughter: Arlin Cerise Weinberger; Son: Caspar Willard Weinberger, Jr.
-DEAD in hell.
-DEAD in hell.
Kenneth R. Weinstein
Chief Executive Officer of Hudson Institute. He oversees the institute’s research, project management, external affairs, marketing, and government relations efforts.
http://www.cnas.org/node/569 - Richard Weitz is a Non-Resident Senior Fellow with the Center for a New American Security and Senior Fellow and Director of the Center for Political-Military Analysis at the Hudson Institute. His current areas of research include defense reform, WMD nonproliferation, homeland security, and U.S. policies towards Europe, the former Soviet Union, Asia. Dr. Weitz currently serves as head of the Case Studies Working Group of the Project on National Security Reform (PNSR). …From 2003 to 2005, Weitz was a Senior Staff Member at the Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis. There he assessed methods to deter rogue states and non-state actors from using weapons of mass destruction. From 2002 to 2004, Dr. Weitz was a consultant for the Center for Strategic and International Studies, the Defense Science Board, and DFI International, Inc. He also has held positions with the Center for Strategic Studies, the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
-Richard W Weitz 1301 S Arlington Ridge Rd, Apt 710; Arlington, VA 22202-1907 (703) 685-2813 [45-49 / Cathy M Weitz]
1942-Dec. 2008 (of “unspecified.”) Columnist, Pundit, Conservative activist. | NNDB: Conservative pundit Paul Weyrich was a standard bearer for more than 30 years. He cofounded both the Heritage Foundation and the Moral Majority. “We are different from previous generations of conservatives. We are no longer working to preserve the status quo. We are radicals, working to overturn the present power structure of this country.” …Nevertheless, in February 1999 a dispirited Weyrich wrote in an open letter: “I no longer believe that there is a moral majority. I do not believe that a majority of Americans actually shares our values. [...] I believe that we probably have lost the culture war. That doesn’t mean the war is not going to continue, and that it isn’t going to be fought on other fronts. But in terms of society in general, we have lost. This is why, even when we win in politics, our victories fail to translate into the kind of policies we believe are important.” … Now jump forward four years, after George W. Bush brought his neoconservative advisers into the White House. By then, according to New York Times reporter Matt Bai, Weyrich’s attitude had perked up tremendously: The prickly Weyrich presided with a scowl from the dais (he is now confined to a wheelchair), from which he exhorted the faithful to get their message out, using words that made him sound like some liberal's parody of Dr. Evil. "There are 1,500 conservative radio talk show hosts," Weyrich boasted. "You have Fox News. You have the Internet, where all the successful sites are conservative. The ability to reach people with our point of view is like nothing we have ever seen before!" | http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2565 -| President of the Free Congress Research and Education Foundation. National Chairman of Coalitions for America. / History: co-founded Heritage Foundation. Co-founded the Moral Majority. Past treasurer of Council for National Policy. | Conservative Digest; African American Republican Leadership Council Advisory Panel; American Legislative Exchange Council Director (1975-78); American Legislative Exchange Council Founder (1973); Arlington Group Executive Committee; Bush-Cheney ’04; Club for Growth; The Constitution Project Liberty and Security Initiative; Council for National Policy Treasurer (1981-92); Coalitions for America National Chairman; Free Congress Foundation Chairman and CEO; Freedom and Democracy Institute of Russia Board of Directors; Helen’s List; The Heritage Foundation Founding President (1973-74); McCain-Palin Victory 2008; Moral Majority Co-Founder; National Coalition to End Judicial Filibusters; Patrick Henry Center Advisory Board; The Milwaukee Sentinel Reporter; Crisis.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Wieseltier_Leon - Affiliations: New Republic: Literary Editor; Project for the New American Century: Signatory, Letter on Terrorism; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq: Former Member. ~~~ A respected writer of books, articles, and essays on everything from religion to culture, Leon Wieseltier, literary editor of the New Republic, is a generally middle of the road observer of politics whose views on foreign affairs veer to the neoconservative extreme when dealing with Israel and the Middle East. He has supported the work of hawkish advocacy groups, including the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) and the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq. …Wieseltier, who once describe the New Republic as “the cops” policing beltway discourse on Israel, has used his media perch to issue controversial diatribes against critics of Israel and excoriate the purported weakness of liberals. One early attack was Wieseltier’s review of Edward Said’s book Orientalism, a highly regarded opus on Western study of the East, which appeared in the New Republic in 1979. Wieseltier called Said’s analysis “little more than the abject canards of Arab propaganda.” … [MORE at http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Wieseltier_Leon.]
NNDB: American writer, critic, and magazine editor. Since 1983 he has been the literary editor of The New Republic. Wieseltier was born in Brooklyn, New York and attended the Yeshivah of Flatbush, Columbia University, Oxford University, and Harvard University, and was a member of Harvard’s Society of Fellows from 1979 to 1982, etc. | The New Republic Literary Editor (1983-); Committee for the Liberation of Iraq; Gore 2000; Harvard Society of Fellows 1979-82; Project for the New American Century Signatory, Letter on War on Terrorism (2001).
-Leon S Wieseltier 1850 Mintwood Pl NW; Washington, DC 20009-1908 (202) 588-5597 [55-59 / Jennifer A Wieseltier]
Department of Defense – Special Assistant to Donald Rumsfeld. Lobbyist for Boeing and Northrop Grumman Corporation (weapons contractors). History: member of Pentagon’s Deterrence Concepts Advisory Panel, and member of Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board during Bush Jr. administration.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Williams_Christopher - Affiliations: Aspen Institute: Member, Aspen Strategy Group; Nonproliferation Policy Education Center: Member, Board of Advisers; Center for Strategic and International Studies: Report Author; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq: Member; Project for the New American Century: Letter Signatory (2003). Government: Department of Defense: Former Acting Under Secretary of Defense for Policy; Member of George W. Bush Transition Team; Former Special Assistant to Donald Rumsfeld; Pentagon’s Deterrence Concepts Advisory Panel: Former Member; Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board: Former Member; National Nuclear Security Administration: Former Member, Advisory Committee; U.S. Senate:Adviser to Trent Lott, (1999-2001); Former Legislative Assistant for National Security Affairs to Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT); Former Legislative Assistant for Foreign Affairs to Rep. Robert Lagomarsino (R-CA); Senate Select Committee on Intelligence: Deputy Staff Director and Budget Director (1997-1999); House Armed Services Committee: Professional Staff Member (1991-1997). Private sector: Arxan Technologies, Inc: Member, Business Advisory Board; O’Gara Group: Member, Board of Advisers; Oakley Networks: Vice President of Federal Programs; Johnston & Associates: Former Partner. ~~~ Described as Donald Rumsfeld‘s “right-hand man” in the early years of the George W. Bush administration by the Weekly Standard‘s William Kristol and Robert Kagan (Weekly Standard, May 14, 2001), Chris Williams has been involved in several key right-wing defense initiatives. Williams was a member of the Pentagon’s Deterrence Concepts Advisory Panel, which was headed by Keith Payne and tasked with implementing the Bush administration’s Nuclear Posture Review; he was a signatory to a 2003 Project for the New American Century letter calling for increased defense spending; and he was a member of the now-defunct neoconservative-led Committee for the Liberation of Iraq. … [More at http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Williams_Christopher.]
Executive Director of Freedom House. History: previously held various positions at the U.S. Agency for International Development. | http://www.carnegieendowment.org/events/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail&id=939.
Wittmann served as the conservative Heritage Foundation’s director of congressional relations, the Christian Coalition’s director of legislative affairs, and as a senior fellow at the conservative Hudson Institute. In the first Bush Administration, he served as the deputy assistant secretary for the Department of Health and Human Services after founding “Jews for George.” Wittmann also was the legislative representative with the National Association of Retired Federal Employees and a public affairs specialist with the National Treasury Employees Union, etc.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Wittmann_Marshall - Affiliations: Progressive Policy Institute: Former Senior Fellow; Democratic Leadership Council: Former Senior Fellow; Heritage Foundation: Former Legislative Director; Christian Coalition: Former Legislative Director; Hudson Institute: Former Senior Fellow. Government service: Office of Sen. Joseph Lieberman: Communications Director (2006-current); Office of Sen. John McCain: Communications Director (2002-2004). ~~~ Marshall Wittmann is a Washington insider who has worked for two of the Senate’s more hawkish figures: Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT), for whom Wittmann currently serves as communications director, and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ). A political pundit and analyst with past affiliations to a number of neoconservative and rightist policy outfits, including the Hudson Institute and the Heritage Foundation, Wittmann has worked to turn the Democratic Party toward the right while a fellow at the Progressive Policy Institute (PPI) and the Democratic Leadership Council (DLC). [Read more: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Wittmann_Marshall.]
-Marshall H Wittmann 206 Hillmoor Dr; Silver Spring, MD 20901-2543 (301) 681-4898 and/or (301) 681-9052 [55-59 / Karen S Wittmann]
AKA Paul Dundes Wolfowitz. B. 1943 in NYC. Executive summary: President of the World Bank, 2005-07…was Deputy Secretary of Defense under Donald Rumsfeld during the George W. Bush administration. History: Head of the State Department’s Policy Planning Staff under Reagan. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Regional Programs under Carter.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Wolfowitz_Paul - Affiliations: American Enterprise Institute: Visiting Scholar; World Bank: President (2005-June 2007); Project for the New American Century: Founding Signatory; Heritage Foundation: Paid Speaker; Hudson Institute: Paid Speaker; Rand 2001 Transition Panel: Member; Johns Hopkins School for Advanced International Studies: Dean (1994-2001); Visiting Professor (1980-81); Yale University: Professor (1970-1973). Government: Defense Department: Deputy Secretary (2001-2005); Undersecretary of Defense for Policy (1989-1993); Deputy Assistant Secretary for Regional Programs (1977-1980); State Department: Chair, International Security Advisory Board, January 2008-present; Ambassador to Indonesia (1986-1989); Assistant Secretary for East Asian and Pacific Affairs (1982-1986); Policy Planning Staff (1981-1982); Rumsfeld Commission on the Ballistic Missile Threat: Member (1998); Team B Strategic Objectives Panel: Member (1976); Arms Control and Disarmament Agency: Special Assistant (1973-1977).
Deputy Secretary of Defense, and Assistant to the Vice President (Cheney). Private sector: U.S.-Taiwan Business Council: Chairman; Northrop Grumman: Former Consultant. ~~~ A key intellectual figure associated with neoconservatism who has worked with several U.S. administrations, Paul Wolfowitz is a visiting fellow at the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), a Washington, D.C. think tank that has served as a cornerstone of neoconservative advocacy. The former deputy secretary of defense under Donald Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz is closely associated with the decision to invade Iraq and was embroiled in several controversies during his short tenure as head of the World Bank. …Wolfowitz has remained active in promoting hardline U.S. policies through his perch at AEI and in articles published in major U.S. newspapers, including the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post. In deciding to become an AEI fellow, Wolfowitz followed a well-worn path to the institute, which houses a number of other former Bush administration figures, including former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton, former chair of the Defense Policy Board Richard Perle, and former advisor to the Justice Department John Yoo. A former head of the World Bank, Wolfowitz’s research areas at AEI include development issues, Africa, public-private partnerships, and entrepreneurship. [MORE @ http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Wolfowitz_Paul.]
* NNDB: World Bank President (2005-07); US Defense Department Deputy Secretary of Defense (2001-05); US Defense Department Under Secretary for Defense Policy (1989-93); US Ambassador to Indonesia (1986-89); US Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian & Pacific Affairs (1982-86); Director of Policy Planning (1981-82); US Defense Department Deputy Assistant Secretary for Regional Planning (1977-80); US Arms Control and Disarmament Agency Special Assistant to SALT; Deputy Assistant Director (1973-76); American Academy of Diplomacy; American Enterprise Institute Visiting Scholar (2007-); Bilderberg Group; George W. Bush for President; Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs Advisory Board; John McCain 2008; McCain-Palin Victory 2008; Pacific Council on International Policy; Project for the New American Century; Public International Law and Policy Group Balkan Action Council; Quill and Dagger; Trilateral Commission; US-Taiwan Business Council Chairman; Washington Institute for Near East Policy Board of Advisors; Draft Deferment: Vietnam. Father: Jacob Wolfowitz (mathematician, b. 19-Mar-1910, d. 16-Jul-1981); Mother: Lillian Dundes; Sister: Laura Mary Wolfowitz (biologist, b. 1941); Wife: Clare Selgin (m. 1968, div. 2002); Daughter: Sara Wolfowitz; Son: David Wolfowitz; Daughter: Rachel Wolfowitz; Girlfriend: Shaha Ali Riza (World Bank official).
-Paul D Wolfowitz 3804 Shepherd St; Chevy Chase, MD 20815-4128 [65+ / David S Wolfowitz, Clare S Wolfowitz]
-Paul D Wolfowitz 7104 Pinehurst Pkwy; Chevy Chase, MD 20815-3145 [65+ / Claire S Wolfowitz]
-?>Paul Wolfowitz 1160 Park Ave; New York, NY 10128-1212 (212) 289-0750 [Linda R Wolfowitz]
AKA Robert James Woolsey, Jr.. B. 1941 in Tulsa, OK. Executive summary: CIA Director, 1993-95. | Within hours of the September 11, 2001 attacks, Woolsey appeared on television suggesting Iraqi complicity. In September 2002, as Congress was deliberating authorizing President Bush to use force against Iraq, Woolsey told The Wall Street Journal that he believed that Iraq was also connected to the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City and the first bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993. In July 2006, he called on the US to bomb Syria. …Woolsey also wrote the foreword to 50 Simple Steps to Save the Earth from “Global Warming” (Freedom Press, 2008). In 2008 Woolsey joined VantagePoint Venture Partners as a venture partner, etc.
* http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Woolsey_James - Affiliations: Foundation for Defense of Democracies: Chair, Board of Directors (2011- ); Set America Free: Founding Member; Committee on the Present Danger: Co-Chair; Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs:Member, Advisory Board; Freedom House: Former Board of Trustees Chair; Center for Security Policy: Former Honorary Co-Chair of National Security Advisory Council; Coalition for Democracy in Iran: Supporter; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq: Former Member; Americans for Victory over Terrorism:Former Senior Advisor; National Institute for Public Policy: Study Participant; Project for the New American Century: Signatory, PNAC Advocacy Letters; Center for Strategic and International Studies: Former Trustee. Government: National Commission on Energy Policy: Member; Defense Department: Defense Policy Board Member (2001-2005); Deterrence Concepts Advisory Panel:Member (2001-2003); National Commission on Terrorism:Member (1999-2000); Rumsfeld Missile Commission: Member (1998); Central Intelligence Agency: Director (1993-1995); Negotiations on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe:Ambassador and U.S. Representative (1989-91); President’s Commission on Federal Ethics Law Reform: Member (1989); President’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Defense Management (Packard Commission):Member (1985-1986); U.S.-Soviet Strategic Arms Reduction Talks:Delegate at Large (1983-1986); Nuclear and Arms Space Talks: Delegate at Large (1983-1986); President’s Commission on Strategic Forces (Scowcroft Commission): Member (1983); Department of the Navy:Under Secretary of the Navy (1977-1979); U.S. Senate: General Counsel, Committee on Armed Services (1970-1973); Strategic Arms Limitation Talks: Advisor, U.S. Delegation (1969-1970). Business: Woolsey Group: Chair; Booz Allen Hamilton: Former Vice President, Global Strategic Security Division (2002-2008); Paladin Capital Group:Chair of Strategic Advisory Group; GridPoint: Board of Advisors; Vantage Point Venture Partners:Partner and Senior Advisor; Shea & Gardner: Former Managing Partner; Philadelphia Stock Exchange:Former Member, Board of Governors; Invicta Networks, Inc.: Board Member; Agorics, Inc.: Former Board; Linsang Partners, LLC: Former Board Member; BC International Corporation: Former Board Member; Fibersense Technology Corporation: Former Board Member; Sun HealthCare Group, Inc.: Former Board Member; Global Options LLC: Former Vice Chairman, Advisory Board; Martin Marietta: Former Board Member; Fairchild Industries: Former Board Member; DynCorp:Former Board Member; British Aerospace:Former Board Member; Titan Corporation:Former Board Member; Yurie Systems, Inc.:Former Board Member; USF&G: Former Board Member; Aerospace Corporation: Former Director. ~~~ R. James Woolsey, the director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) under President Bill Clinton during 1993-1995, is an advocate of a militarist U.S. foreign policy who has supported the work of several neoconservative-led interest groups, including the Committee on the Present Danger, the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq, the Project for the New American Century, and the Center for Security Policy, among numerous other groups. In March 2011, Woolsey was named chair of the board of directors for the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, an important bastion of hawkish “pro-Israel” advocacy in the United States that has served as an outpost for many well known rightist ideologues. … [I must insist that you READ MORE: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Woolsey_James.]
* NNDB: Booz Allen Hamilton; CIA Director (1993-95); Defense Policy Board; Member of the Board of British Aerospace, Inc.; Member of the Board of DynCorp; Member of the Board of Fairchild Industries; Member of the Board of Martin Marietta; Member of the Board of Philadelphia Stock Exchange; Member of the Board of USF&G; Member of the Board of Yurie Systems, Inc.; America Abroad Media Advisory Board; American Center for Democracy; American Congress for Truth Board of Advisors; American Council on Renewable Energy Advisory Board; American Foreign Policy Council Board of Advisors; Arlington Institute Board of Directors; Association for Intelligence Officers Honorary Board of Directors; Atlantic Council Director; Center for Security Policy; Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments Board of Directors; Center for Strategic & International Studies; Coalition for a Democratic Majority; Committee for the Liberation of Iraq; Committee on the Present Danger; The Constitution Project War Powers Initiative; Endowment for Middle East Truth Advisory Board; Energy Future Coalition Advisory Council; Family Security Matters Board of Advisors; Foundation for the Defense of Democracies Distinguished Advisor; Freedom House; Friends of Dick Lugar; Friends of Joe Lieberman; Henry Jackson Society; Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis International Board of Research Consultants; Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs Advisory Board; Joe Lieberman for President; John McCain 2008; Libby Legal Defense Trust Advisory Committee; New Uses Council Chairman, Advisory Committee; North American Industrial Hemp Council Board of Directors; Our Military Kids, Inc. Advisory Board; Project for the New American Century; Securing America’s Future Energy Founding Advisory Board; Society for Energy and Environmental Research Chairman; United Kids of America Advisory Board; Washington Institute for Near East Policy Board of Advisors; Phi Beta Kappa Society; International Spy Museum; Smithsonian Institution Executive Committee Chairman; United Against Nuclear Iran Advisory Board; United States Committee for a Free Lebanon International Advisory Board; Rhodes Scholarship. Wife: Suzanne H. Woolsey (COO of the National Academy of Sciences, three sons – Robert, Daniel, Benjamin.
-Suzanne H Woolsey 1530 Key Blvd, Apt 1124; Arlington, VA 22209-1541 (703) 527-6207 [Benjamin H Woolsey]
-Suzanne H Woolsey 1530 Key Blvd, Apt 1124; Arlington, VA 22209-1541 (703) 527-6207 [Benjamin H Woolsey]
http://www.hrw.org/en/bios/minky-worden - Media Director of Human Rights Watch. …She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and an elected member of the Overseas Press Club’s Board of Governors. …Worden is married to L. Gordon Crovitz, a media executive and advisor to media and technology companies who is a former publisher of The Wall Street Journal; they have two sons.
Larry M. Wortzel
B. 1949. Executive summary: China specialist, military analyst. | NNDB: In testimony before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on 10 March 2010, Wortzel described a rather conventional technical paper published in a Chinese journal as if it was a detailed analysis on how to intentionally take down the American power grid. | http://www.heritage.org/about/staff/LarryWortzel.cfm - Director in the Heritage Foundation. | Asia Strategies and Risks LLC President; US Official US-China Economic and Security Review Commission; The Heritage Foundation VP Foreign Policy and Defense Studies (2002-05); The Heritage Foundation Director, Asian Studies Center (1999-2002); US Defense Department Military Attache, Beijing, China (1995-97); US Defense Department Colonels Assignment Officer, US Army Personnel Command (1993-95); US Defense Department Strategist, Strategy, Plans, and Policy Directorate (1992-93); US Defense Department Asst. to the Dir., Army Staff (1990-92); US Defense Department Asst. Military Attache, Beijing, China (1988-90); US Defense Department Counterintelligence Officer (1984-88); US Defense Department Strategic Intel. Officer, CINCPAC (1978-81); Association for Intelligence Officers; Council on Foreign Relations; International Institute for Strategic Studies; National Military Intelligence Officers Association; Legion of Merit. Wife: Christine (two children).
-Larry M Wortzel 120 S Benjamin Howell St; Williamsburg, VA 23188-7929 (757) 259-7369 [60-64 / Christine J Wortzel, Matthew C Freedman]
Member of the advisory board for the American Jewish Committee, member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and Adjunct Scholar for the Heritage Foundation. Under Secretary and Chief Financial Officer for the Department of Defense (resigned April 15, 2004). …System Planning Corporation; Comptroller of the Pentagon on Sept. 10, 2001, when Rumsfeld announced that $2.3T went missing and /or could not be accounted for. Next day, Sept. 11, a missile hit the side of the Pentagon where the civilian and military accountants looking into missing $$$ were at work, etc.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Zakheim_Dov - Affiliations: Center for Security Policy: Advisory Council Member; Defense Business Board: Member; Chief of Naval Operations Executive Panel: Member; Council on Foreign Relations: Member; National Interest: Advisory Council Member; Aspen Ideas Festival: 2006 Speaker; Royal Institute of International Affairs: Member; International Institute for Strategic Studies: Member; Heritage Foundation: Former Adjunct Scholar; Project for the New American Century: Participant, Rebuilding America’s Defenses Report (2000); Letter Signatory; Search for Common Ground: Board of Directors; American Jewish Committee: Chair, Office of Government and International Affairs; Center for Strategic and International Studies: Senior Adviser. Government: U.S. Department of Defense: Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) and Chief Financial Officer (2001-2004); Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Planning and Resources in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Policy) (1985-1987); Various Posts (1981-1985); Transition 2001 Panel: Member; Defense Science Board: Member of Task Force on “The Impact of DoD Acquisition Policies on the Health of the Defense Industry” (2000); Task Force on Defense Reform: Member (1997); U.S. Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad: Member of the Board; Congressional Budget Office: Former Staff Member of National Security and International Affairs Division. Private sector: Booz Allen Hamilton: Vice President; System Planning Corp: Former Corporate Vice President; SPC International: Former Chief Executive Officer; Northrop Grumman: Member of Advisory Board; McDonnell Douglas: Consultant. ~~~ A vice president with the global consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton, Dov Zakheim has spent more than two decades working in the defense industry, in both governmental and private capacities. A regular supporter of hawkish defense policy, Zakheim has been associated with a string of neoconservative-led groups, including the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) and the Center for Security Policy, where he serves on the advisory council. …Zakheim served as undersecretary for defense (comptroller) from 2001 to 2004, overseeing the Pentagon’s spending program in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the onset of the “war on terror.” As comptroller, Zakheim oversaw three Defense budgets, each totaling more than $300 billion, and implemented six war-time supplementary budget requests (see Defense Department News Release). …With his appointment to the Pentagon in 2001, Zakheim joined a group of policy advisers who had been instrumental in shaping President George W. Bush’s defense and foreign policy since before Bush became president; many continue to play influential roles in the administration. Zakheim was a part of the foreign policy team. Labeled the “Vulcans,” these advisers included current Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, former National Security Council Deputy for Iraq Robert Blackwill, Bush’s current National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley, Richard Perle, World Bank President and former U.S. trade rep Robert Zoellick, and visiting scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and former Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz (for an account of the Vulcans, see James Mann, Rise of the Vulcans). … [READ MORE: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Zakheim_Dov
-Dov S Zakheim 817 Lamberton Dr Silver Spring, MD 20902-3038 (301) 681-9599 [60-64 / Deborah B Zakheim, Barbara J Zakheim]
-Dov S. Zakheim 311 Demott Ave Teaneck, NJ 07666-3127 (201) 692-7759 [Claire J Zakheim]
AKA Robert Bruce Zoellick. B. 1953 in IL. Executive summary: World Bank president. | President of the World Bank, a position he has held since July 1, 2007. He was previously a managing director of Goldman Sachs, United States Deputy Secretary of State (resigning on July 7, 2006) and U.S. Trade Representative, from February 7, 2001 until February 22, 2005. ..In the 2000 U.S. presidential election campaign, Zoellick served as a foreign policy advisor to George W. Bush as part of a group, led by Condoleezza Rice, that called itself The Vulcans. James Baker designated him as his second-in-command—”a sort of chief operating officer or chief of staff”—in the 36-day battle over recounting the vote in Florida. Zoellick was named U.S. Trade Representative at the beginning of the younger Bush’s first term; he was a member of the Executive Office, with the rank of Ambassador. According to the U.S. Trade Representative website, Zoellick completed negotiations to bring China and Taiwan into the World Trade Organization (WTO); developed a strategy to launch new global trade negotiations at the WTO meeting in Doha, Qatar; shepherded Congressional action on the Jordan Free Trade Agreement and the Vietnam Trade Agreement; and worked with Congress to pass the Trade Act of 2002, which included new Trade Promotion Authority. He also heavily promoted the Central American Free Trade Agreement over the objections of labor, environmental, and human rights groups, etc., etc.
* http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Zoellick_Robert - Affiliations: U.S. Naval Academy: John M. Olin Professor; Eurasia Foundation: Trustee (1997-2001); German Marshall Fund: Former Board Member; Aspen Institute Strategy Group: Former Director; World Wildlife Fund: Former Member, Advisory Council; Project for the New American Century: Signatory to letters pushing for the removal of Saddam Hussein. Government: U.S. Department of State: Deputy Secretary of State (February 2005-June 2006); Under Secretary for Economic and Agricultural Affairs; Counselor (1989-1991); Office of the President: U.S. Trade Representative (2001-2005); U.S. Trade Deficit Review Commission: (1999-2000); U.S. Department of the Treasury: Counselor to the Secretary and Executive Secretary; Executive Secretary and Special Adviser to the Secretary; Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Institutions Policy; Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary; Special Assistant to the Deputy Secretary (1985-1987); U.S. Court of Appeals for District of Columbia Circuit: Law Clerk (1982-1983); U.S. Department of Justice: Staff Assistant in Criminal Division (1978); Council on Wage and Price Stability: Research Assistant (1975-1976). Private sector: Goldman Sachs: Vice Chairman of International Divisions and Chairman of International Advisers (as of July 2006); formerly Senior International Adviser; Enron: Former Consultant; Fannie Mae Foundation: Executive Vice President (1993-2000); Vice President and Assistant to the Chair and Chief Executive Officer (1984-1985). ~~~ On July 2, 2007, Robert Zoellick, a former U.S. trade representative and experienced diplomat, took over as head of the World Bank (World Bank, July 3, 2007). Zoellick was nominated for the post by President George W. Bush in May 2007 to replace the beleaguered Paul Wolfowitz, with whom Zoellick shares the dubious distinction of having supported the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) campaign to intervene in Iraq. In announcing the nomination, Bush called Zoellick a “committed internationalist” who is “deeply devoted to the mission” of the bank (Washington Post, May 30, 2007). In late June 2007, the bank’s governing board unanimously approved Zoellick’s nomination, saying in a statement: “In coming to their decision, the executive directors considered that Mr. Zoellick brings to the bank presidency strong leadership and managerial qualities as well as a proven track record in international affairs and the drive required to enhance the credibility and effectiveness of the bank” (Guardian, June 25, 2007). …Zoellick’s last post in the Bush administration was as deputy secretary of state, a post he held until mid-June 2006. He then went on to be vice chairman of international operations at the investment firm Goldman Sachs, where he was also chairman of the bank’s international advisers. Having previously served as U.S. trade representative during Bush’s first term, Zoellick’s 2005 appointment to serve as Condoleezza Rice‘s chief deputy was viewed by many as a sign that the administration would be taking a softer foreign policy line in Bush’s second term. As the right-wing Washington Times reported (June 20, 2006): “Mr. Zoellick’s selection by Miss Rice in early 2005 was seen as a victory for foreign-policy ‘realists’ in the administration against the hardline diplomacy favored by Vice President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, who were said to back State Department arms chief John R. Bolton” for the post. [Do, oh do, read more: http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/Zoellick_Robert.]
* NNDB: World Bank President (2007-); Goldman Sachs Vice Chairman, International (2006-07); US Deputy Secretary of State (22-Feb-2005 to 19-Jun-2006); US Trade Representative (7-Feb-2001 to 22-Feb-2005); Fannie Mae Executive VP (1993-97); White House Deputy Chief of Staff (1992); US Under Secretary of State for Economic, Business, and Agricultural Affairs (1991-92); Counselor of the Department of State (1989-92); US Treasury Department Various executive positions (1985-87); Law Clerk US Court of Appeals, DC Circuit (1982-83); US Official Research Asst., Council on Wage and Price Stability (1975-76); Defense Policy Board; Enron Advisory Board; Aspen Institute Strategy Group on Foreign Policy; Bilderberg Group; Bush-Cheney 2000; Bush-Cheney ’04; Center for Strategic & International Studies; Council on Foreign Relations; DeMint for Senate Committee; Eurasia Foundation Trustee; Friends of Katherine Harris; George W. Bush for President; German Marshall Fund Board Member; John McCain 2008; Nixon Center Advisory Council; Phi Beta Kappa Society; Project for the New American Century; Trilateral Commission; World Wildlife Fund; Dubya Nickname The Adding Machine.
-Robert B Zoellick 627 Chain Bridge Rd; Mc Lean, VA 22101-1811 [55-59 / Sherry F Zoellick]